I was a little cautious when I read the reviews for this hotel. I booked this through a 3rd party online site. The hotel is located in an okay neighborhood. It is near downtown San Diego. You can drive to the Gaslamp in about 10-15 minutes. When we checked in there was a note from the manager welcoming us to the hotel and advising us of the shuttle service downtown. I thought this was a nice touch. The room was a decent size. It did have a little smell to it but nothing that would not make you stay in the room. The even numbered rooms face away from the bay and if the air conditioner is not running you can hear traffic (very loud). The window did have a stick placed in it so it could not be pushed open. This looked a little cheap. All they need is a $5 window lock from the hardware store to make a better impression and sense of security. Overall, the rooms are clean, the staff was pleasant and the beds were comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Ramada San Diego National City is located near all the best attractions in San Diego. Navy Base San Diego, Balboa Park and San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld San Diego, Downtown Gaslamp District, Convention Center, Petco Park and San Diego Airport are only 10 minutes away. Entertainment venues, restaurants and shopping centers are nearby. Tijuana, Mexico is just a short 15 minute drive. We also offer complimentary Guest parking, wifi, and local calls! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada San Diego National City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn National City
- National City Holiday Inn