I stayed here for 2 nights recently and was quite disappointed with the experience. The hotel is located in a traffic busy area and the rooms were poorly sound proof. It was really noisy in the room, esp. in the early morning. The rooms had horrible ventilation and I could smell a strong disinfectant scent throughout my 2 night stay. Also, I did not feel safe in and around the hotel because of its "motel-like" layout and the poor neighbourhood its located in.
Oh yeah, there was NO hot water for a couple of hours either.
This is probably the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel.... feels like it should be "2 stars"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clarion Hotel(R) National City San Diego South is located near all the best attractions in San Diego. Navy Base San Diego, Balboa Park and San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld San Diego, Downtown Gaslamp District, Convention Center, Petco Park and San Diego Airport are only 10 minutes away. Entertainment venues, restaurants and shopping centers are nearby. Tijuana, Mexico is just a short 15 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Hotel National City San Diego South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn National City
- National City Holiday Inn