Best Western Plus Marina Gateway Hotel
$143
$135
Cassia Hotels(National City)
$72
Motel 6 National City(National City)
$76
Motel 6
$101
All reviewssan diegoin n out burgernaval basechula vistabest westernsnice hotelsmall gymwould stay here againtrolley stopfree parkingheated pooleasy accessgreat place to stayhotel is locatedbusiness centerminute driveroom key
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We needed one night before a flight out of San Diego. I found this hotel on Trip Advisor. I booked it for price and location. It's 8 miles from the airport and right off I-5. The hotel is brand new. The staff and room are exceptional. My husband used the pool and jacuzzi and said the temp. was perfect. We ate at Buster's next store-great food and service. I printed my boarding passes in the business center. I'd stay here again for sure.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Our crew travels a lot for work and it is important that we can be comfortable and taken care of while we are there. The staff always made sure that we were happy with our rooms and service. They treated us very good and made us feel like more than just a customer. We stayed there for 4 months (4 days a week) and they treated us really good the whole time.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable.
I plan on going back.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2009

This is a great new hotel! The bed was the most comfortable one we slept in on the whole 2 week trip. The room was very clean. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We wanted to go into San Diego for the evening, a short drive, and the hotel manager suggested the local trolley so we didn't have to drive after going out for the evening. He drove us to the trolley and on our return trip, we called him when we were 5 minutes out and he was waiting there for us when we arrived. And at no charge to us. They don't have a continental breakfast, but we didn't expect it because they don't advertise that they do. Overall a great place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2009

We're just from Mira Mesa, but just wanted to get away from the kids and chose something close to Seaport Village and would accommodate our other kid Kona the Dog
We brought our dog for a small fee.
The staff was very proffesional, helpful and looked professional, the place was spotless.
My wife and I are going back tomorrow Oct. 10th 2009, because she has been craving the thin crust Pizza with spicy sausage from the Restaurant, I personally loved the egss benedict.
I'm sure we've all been to High End Hotels, however I found that the staff here was friendlier than some of the more expensive Hotels we've been in.
We have a well trained dog and wondered if we would smell any of the other dogs that have stayed, thankfully, the place was very clean.
I already reccomend to my other pet lover friends.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Great hotel overall, we had a few small issues with the housekeeping staff (not leaving any soaps in the bathroom; but situation was promptly handled by front desk.) Buster's Beach House Restaurant was Excellent. The Margarita's were outstanding., also try their fruit pizza! I basically picked this hotel for it's proximity to the Naval Base. We came to San Diego to welcome home our daughter from a 7 month deployment.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family