“Home away from home”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in National City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been coming here for few years and will recommend my friends and family to stay here for I have stayed at other hotels in the area and can say that nothing compared to the Best Western for the staff are very helpful, friendly and courteous and eager to assist to make your stay as comfortable as they can.

I always see the workers cleaning amd making sure that indise and outside appearance is tidy and also the young ladies cleaning the room do an excellent job and making sure that I am satisfied which is never a complaint.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank svonn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Davis, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Poor sevice - They gave us a disabled room without asking which we did not prefer, and didn't let us change without even checking the availabilities. Their reception is not well trained, a man from the reception looked at my husband in a strange way when he came back to the hotel at late night.

Not clean - The room was not clean, there was a pill lying on the floor when we checked in, definitely not from us.

Very noisy - The hotel is just beside railways and you can hear train whistles starting from early morning which is very annoying if you need more sleep. And our room was the nearest to the elevator , we heard people talking and the elevator's dinging sound very often during our rest.

I choose this hotel because it was cheap but it did not reach our expectation.

Room Tip: away from the elevator if you want to sleep late
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Virijt
Jeff M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Marina Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your less than spectacular stay with us We apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us regarding housekeeping and guest service to implement improvements and to ensure we offer a better experience for our guests in the future. We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Best Western Plus Marina Gateway Hotel
San Diego, California, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I say that the room was nice but I could not enjoy my time there because of the lack of amenities. M room was not cleaned during my stay, which was not that big of a deal because I only stayed two nights. The biggest complaint that I have is that the internet was not working both nights I was there, so I was not able to get any of the work I had planned done. Otherwise, the furniture and decor was nice and the room was definitely habitable. I am just bitter because I did not get to utilize the internet that was advertised on the list of available amenities. Nice room though..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Tony L
Dear Mr. Tony L.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenience with our Wireless Internet during your stay and we can assure you that the issue has been taken care of now. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us regarding housekeeping to implement improvements and to ensure we offer a better experience for our guests in the future. We do operate a very clean hotel as you can read from the many guests that stay with us, so this incidentt is not the norm, and for that we apologize.

Best Western Plus Marina Gateway Hotel
Modesto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a fairly new hotel. Nice garden style hotel but no breakfast served. The only thing faulting this hotel was detail to the cleaning. They should really check under chairs and and tables. We found a hair scrunchy and like a shoe lace. Also most hotels now do not change your liner in the ice bucket if you use it once. My preference is to have it changed every time it is used. Also asked for an upgrade and they were not full. I am a rewards member and a room with a balcony would have been nice, but the room for our discounted price was very nice. We would stay here again if we needed to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank funlovingdad
Apple Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed here twice now and am beyond happy with this hotel. The front desk is so professional and helpful. The lobby is beautiful and smells very nice. They must have a special air freshener through the hotel. The last two times I stayed I only stayed for one night each, but next time when we have the chance we would like to stay for more nights because this is a hotel we can truly relax at. I commend the staff here because they are one of the best I've encountered. The only downside is that there is no free breakfast, but that won't stop me from coming back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mae-Sal4
Nuevo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed on a Friday night. The king size room was just that ... it was big. The hotel is very new and everything is perfect. I especially liked the walk-in shower. The was NO noise problem as mentioned in other reviews. The staff was very friendly and attentive to my needs [extra pillows]. The entire property is non-smoking which is a definite plus for me. It is very close to San Diego at a more reasonable price. I had my own car, so transportation was not a problem. However, the light-rail transit system is quite close and serves the San Diego area from the border to Santee. If you are interested in trolleys, there is a museum across the street in the old National City Depot building. The restaurant on site, Buster's Beach House, changed ownership recently and the problems from the past seem to have been resolved. This is a great property. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Mission Bay Park
The Dana on Mission Bay, BW Premier Collection
Hercor Hotel - Urban Boutique
#3 of 20 in Chula Vista

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Marina Gateway Hotel? Share your experiences!