Best Western Plus Marina Gateway Hotel
$85
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Motel 6 National City(National City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssan diegoin n out burgernaval basechula vistabest westernsnice hotelsmall gymwould stay here againtrolley stopfree parkingheated pooleasy accessgreat place to stayhotel is locatedbusiness centerminute driveroom key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed here twice now and am beyond happy with this hotel. The front desk is so professional and helpful. The lobby is beautiful and smells very nice. They must have a special air freshener through the hotel. The last two times I stayed I only stayed for one night each, but next time when we have the chance we would like to stay for more nights because this is a hotel we can truly relax at. I commend the staff here because they are one of the best I've encountered. The only downside is that there is no free breakfast, but that won't stop me from coming back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mae-Sal4
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed on a Friday night. The king size room was just that ... it was big. The hotel is very new and everything is perfect. I especially liked the walk-in shower. The was NO noise problem as mentioned in other reviews. The staff was very friendly and attentive to my needs [extra pillows]. The entire property is non-smoking which is a definite plus for me. It is very close to San Diego at a more reasonable price. I had my own car, so transportation was not a problem. However, the light-rail transit system is quite close and serves the San Diego area from the border to Santee. If you are interested in trolleys, there is a museum across the street in the old National City Depot building. The restaurant on site, Buster's Beach House, changed ownership recently and the problems from the past seem to have been resolved. This is a great property. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Snavdog
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Hotels in San Diego are too expensive - better choice here.
Carpets in 3rd floor hall has bad smell.
Polite, helpful staff. Made sure we had towels in the pool. Sent some sanitary napkins upon request.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MAILA B
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Wonderful hotel, wonderful service ....great location. The room went beyond our expectations....it was very spacious with 2 queen beds plus a seperate sitting room with an additional T.V...The staff was knowledgable and very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family