“AWFUL” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Farm at Carneros

Farm at Carneros
Reserve with OpenTable
Farm at Carneros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 283 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Sonoma Road
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWFUL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

Worst experience of my life. Service was well below average. Food was subpar. Poor attitude was abundant.

• Visited December 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank StanleyTobey

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food and wine pairings were amazing - such a delicate but decadent meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2011

We did the prix fixe New Years Eve dinner at the Farm and had an amazing time. The food was truly amazing. The celery root soup w poached egg and truffles was mindblowing, paired w a perfect wine. The lobster risotto was so tasty - light risotto, delicious lobster and the sauce was killer. The wine pairings were spot on, each one was a perfect compliment and they were chosen with a very skilled finesse. I think it is worth the trip just to try the food and experience The Farm. The outside fire area was really mellow. I wasn't crazy about the inside bar area, it seemed like the type of place you need to whisper. Also, we didn't love the neon glowing lights behind the wine, thought it was a little brash and didn't seem to fit the otherwise great design elements throughout the Carneros.

• Visited January 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Excellent food. Good service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2010

I ate here with my wife on Veteran's Day weekend. The food is excellent, the service responsive, and the atmosphere modern. The A/C was a little chilly, so I would suggest a jacket or sweater in case. We were seated next to a fireplace. Buddha Bar-type music played that evening. The restaurant was not too busy or loud. I let the waitress match a nice bottle of Pinot Noir with my pork dish. My wife had duck. Both dishes paired well with the wine. The bill was almost $200, as this is high-end gourmet. Recommended.

New York City
“Not to be missed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

My friend booked this for my Birthday celebration. Occasion or not, it was unquestionably the most complete dining experience I had the entire week in NoCal. Words like PERFECT do come to mind. Atmosphere, Cuisine, Service, Setting...one of the most relaxed, poised, smoothly organized dining events I've experienced anywhere. I'm not a second-timer for anywhere, but I would come back to FARM again and again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“We had an email confirmation from Daniel...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

We had an email confirmation from Daniel the GM of the Farm confirming dinner for 2 on a night which the restaurant was closed we paid $50+ for round trip cab fare to a restaurnt that was closed. Only open for bar food. An exceptionally helpful waiter directed us to Boon Fly ... Not the same at all
WHAT A. DISASTER