“Overpriced and Overated”
Review of Farm at Carneros

Farm at Carneros
Reserve with OpenTable
Farm at Carneros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 285 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Sonoma Road
California
“Overpriced and Overated”
Reviewed July 29, 2007

There are many places in the Napa Valley I would recommend before Farm. The service was not very good (water glasses were never refilled and the waiter seemed uninterested in helping us), seating was less than to be desired (we were probably in the worst seat in the place--crammed between two other tables so that having any sort of private dinner conversation was impossible, food was good, but not great. As I said, there are many places that serve equal, if not better, food. Plus, I would say the prices are a good 15% above other comparable restaurants in the Valley.

All in all, not an aweful experience, but I would definitely not recommend it to others. Try Angele, Celadon, Fume, Uva, Bistro Jeanty, Coles, Bistro Don Giovani, etc, etc, etc prior to Farm. The Boon Fly Cafe (also at Carneros Inn) is a much better bet. We have been there multiple times and enjoyed the food, service, and atmosphere much more.

5 Thank NorCal_Advisor

Los Angeles, CA
“FARM is THE place to go, period.”
Reviewed January 4, 2007

One 3 letter word would describe our experience at this relatively new, chic, modern, and top notch service restaurant, "Wow". The Farm is located in the entrance to the Carneros Inn (excellent place to stay if you're into chic and modern, more about that in my other review). I believe it just opened to the public in November, 2006 serving dinner so it may not be well known yet. However, I'm sure word will get around and it'll be the hottest ticket in town before you know it.

This restaurant has top notch service as is in line with the adjoining hotel, from the hostess greeting us with a big smile to the waitress’s attentiveness to our every need. The décor is exceptionally chic with a hip bar, lots of wine decorations and a fireplace in the center. It has the open kitchen layout where you could actually see through the clear glass window what the chefs are cooking.

The food: Our appetizers, the sorbet oysters and butternut squash soup were so delicious. My wife had the sole and I had the duck. Personally, I think hers was to die for and mine was very good. My 8 year old had the cheese pizza from the kid’s menu (great selection) and this was the only time he had actually finished the whole pizza. Dessert was fabulous, especially the chocolate fondant.

The service: We were the only family with children when we were dinning but everyone at the Farm made us feel so comfortable that we were never rushed. The Farm is definitely a hip couples’ romantic restaurant but if your child can handle this type of atmosphere and behave accordingly, you should have no problem. Some pretentious restaurants we went to on our week long Napa/Sonoma trip make their guests with children unwelcome but the real top notch restaurants such as the Farm and the French Laundry acknowledge all their guests in the same polite manner. Our glasses were always filled without ever nearing the bottom and the waitress was always there when we had any questions or requests.

All in all, I would highly recommend this restaurant to all my friends.

6 Thank ttangbee