“An wonderful time was had by all...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Farm at Carneros

Farm at Carneros
Reserve with OpenTable
Farm at Carneros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 283 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Sonoma Road
westport ct
“An wonderful time was had by all...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2010

I recently held a special dinner for my husbands 50th birthday at FARM in their private dining room. It was a very special evening and a well executed event with the help of the general manager and sommelier and her helpful staff. We were very particular about the menu that evening as we were serving/bringing some very special wines and they made it very easy to adjust the menu to our wines. We were 15 people and coordination was flawless...we had access to the private dining room for setup in advance while our guests enjoyed delicious hor d'eourves and cocktails in the lounge and at the outside firepit. We showed a short movie in the private dining room with our own AV equipment and they made it very easy for us to set up/plug in etc. The food was excellent and all arrived at the same time and all was the proper temperature etc which is not always easy to do with a group that size..the evening went longer than anticipated yet we never felt rushed or pressured to finish. All in all an excellent event and I highly recommend the private dining room here vs many other options locally; it was sophisticated and modern and we still had access to the regular dining menu whereas at other facilities they want to put you into the catering department with limited menus/spaces etc. This was sublime!

1 Thank dreamgirl06880

Chicago, IL
“Horrorific”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

On a recommendation from a friend, we made reservations at Farm while on a recent vacation to Napa from Chicago. Never have I been so disappointed by a restaurant experience short of being food poisoned. Earlier that afternoon, I proposed to my now-fiancé and we were looking forward to a very special romantic dinner. We told the waitress this when we were first seated. There should have been absolutely no excuse for what followed.

We ate here on a Wednesday night and the restaurant was far from busy. We started by ordering one of their featured Pino Noirs (what was described as a labor of love was more likely the labor of an amateur hobbyist), which we agreed was overpriced and nothing remarkable, and the mushroom chevre flatbread, which was actually quite tasty.

Then our experience went off the deep end. The waitress recommended the pork chop dish, which I ordered at medium temperature, and my fiancé ordered the lobster dish. The menu was somewhat limited and I don’t believe there were any specials off the menu. This was essentially the last time we spoke with our waitress.

When our food arrived, I soon discovered that the pork chop had been cooked to the consistency of dried boot leather. After two bites, I sliced through the center to find that they had managed to achieve this consistency throughout the entire piece of meat. I love all good food and am very willing to take a recommendation. That should be a slam dunk for both sides of the deal. How could they manage to screw this up?

My fiancé’s dish amounted to little more than dressed up Chinese takeout and the lobster had been cooked until rubbery (we have had better Chinese takeout). We spent the next thirty minutes (we know this because we called the taxi after discovering that the food was awful) not eating, sitting at the table with disgusted looks on our faces trying to flag down our waitress before anyone spoke to us (a busboy to refill our water). At this point we asked for the manager.

The manager was very courteous and understanding. He removed the entrees from our check and went back to the kitchen to discuss with the staff. At this point our waitress decided to come back to check to see how things were going (she had not yet conferred with the manager), when we told her how things were going, she fled almost immediately. Moments later the taxi arrived; this was the high point of the evening.

The building interior and premises are architecturally very interesting. The original recommendation from a friend suggested that we might enjoy a nice scotch by the fire pits outside after dinner. This originally sounded fantastic, but unfortunately we just wanted to escape before things could get any worse.

We ate at Bouchon the prior evening and Redd the evening after, both comparable price-wise. Both were fantastic and we both agreed that our dinner at Redd alone was worth the trip to Napa (we did the tasting menu with wine pairings). We had a fantastic lunch at Taylor’s Automatic Refresher (insanely good burgers, by the way). I feel incredibly slighted by Farm. How dare they ruin our evening, waste our precious time on vacation, make recommendations that turn out so bad, ignore us, etc.? We are both incredibly easy to please and we “warned” the waitress that we wanted this meal to be special.

Do yourself a favor and find ANY place else to eat in Napa.

5 Thank hungry_cubs_fan
Easton, Connecticut
“Excellent Find, as close to prefect as you can get”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

Everything about the dinner on Thursday October 8 was flawless. Our reservation was honored, and we were promptly seated. The service was perfect, the waiter very knowledgeable about everything, the wine and water glasses kept topped off, the bread dish never empty. The menu was outstanding, it was hard to decide between each and every appetizer and main course. The food was obviously fresh, the tomatoes as good as ones you grow yourself, the mushrooms to die for, etc.

The wine list was great, and they were very knowledgeable about what goes with what, even through we didn't ask for that assistance. I highly recommend a dinner here, it was a great value for excellent food and service.

1 Thank Mike_in_Conn
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Amazing place for a memorable meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

My wife and I had dinner at Farm for our first anniversary. The setting is spectacular and the restaurant beautiful. The food was phenomenal as was the service. Highly recommend this restaurant.

New Jersey
“Among the Best in Napa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2009

Our daughter had been in napa a month ago and recommended The Farm. Our reservation was honored and we were seated within 10 minutes of arrival for a 7:45 rervation on 8/19. Hostess and waiter were friendly and helpful. Food was terrific. I had duck and my wife had halibut. Preparation was perfect and presentation artistic. Also thought prices were fair. There is many excellent restaurants in Napa, but I would not hesitate to recommend The Farm.