“Just OK” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Farm at Carneros

Farm at Carneros
Reserve with OpenTable
Farm at Carneros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 283 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Sonoma Road
Baltimore, Maryland
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2008

This place is absolutely beautiful and the service was top-notch.

However, the food was just OK in our experience.
First, a glass of wine my husband ordered tasted like vinegar. I told him to send it back but he is afraid to do such things for fear of upsetting the waiter.
The flatbread appetizer and the risotto he got were also just OK.
My cauliflower soup was the only standout. The short ribs I ordered were pretty good, though not totally melt-in-your-mouth.

1 Thank Juldash

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“the best food we had in...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2008

the best food we had in napa! we had the ahi tuna sashimi, lobster mushroom risotto, colorado lamb, and the chef brought out an amuse of chilled split pea soup...everything was outstanding and the service was impeccable!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chicago, Illinois
“A restaurant gem in the Carneros Valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2008

I ate at FARM based on recommendations of others, and it was not disappointing. The place aims to source mostly locally-grown or locally-produced ingredients, so in that sense it provides for a Napa-style Californian menu. I had a delicious lamb tenderloin and with a beet salad appetizer, and my wife had probably the best pork chop the both of us had ever tasted (and we are admitted foodies). The service was prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable, and the server picked out a superb local, small production wine. The place had great decor, and you would be well-served to arrive early or lounge late, while warming yourself up around the outdoor fire pit. In that sense, it is a great place to bring that someone special. Overall a great experience, and I would give it 4.5 stars if the system permitted.

1 Thank SidFarkus
NY
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

Wonderful food, service, & ambience. Will definitely go back.

Arlington, VA
“Yummy California Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2008

We recently dined at FARM while on a trip to Napa & Sonoma and it exceeded my expectations. I was a little hesitant about dining there because it is a "hotel restuarant" but any qualms I had were immediately banished when we arrived. It's a very stylish restaurant that can stand on its own. The chef sent out an amuse bouche (unfortunately our waiter dropped the ball here and we were the only ones in the dining room that did not get one.) The amuse bouche would have been a great start, but at least it is the thought that counts. I'd give brownie points for that anyway. My husband had a salad and I started with the chilled corn and crab soup. Delicious! My husband had fish which he loved and I had the chicken with garden fresh vegetables such as peas and fava beans. This restaurant has a knack for turming everyday ingredients into a gastronomic experience. Yum! The atmosphere was relaxed and the dining room absolutely lovely and they had an extensive wine list as you can imagine. The upside to having this restaurant at a hotel property is there are some fabulous outdoor lounge areas if you want to go there early for cocktails or an after dinner drink. Go, eat and enjoy! You'll be glad you did.

1 Thank Cissie44