“A Place to Harvest a Great Meal”
Review of Farm at Carneros

Farm at Carneros
Reserve with OpenTable
Farm at Carneros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 288 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Sonoma Road
Reviewed November 2, 2013

OK, here is the bottom line. The Farm is a special place offering a warm and welcoming setting for a couple on a special date or a group of four out for a nice dinner. The outside waiting area offers seating around a fire pit which is very fun either before or after dinner. The menu includes a tasting menu option with wine pairing. The food is excellent. The service is attentive. The wine list very good. Be sure to make a reservation. Your meal will cost a few dollars but what you receive for your money is a good value. Go at least once for a memorable evening.

There are newer reviews for Farm at Carneros

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Recently tried Farm after reading some reviews on Trip Advisor and Open Table. Very interesting spot in a great setting. Food was excellent too, to go along with very good service. Highly recommend the risotto - highlight of the meal for sure. A little on the pricey side (though probably not compared to some places in the area), but for a special occasion and given the overall experience, definitely worthwhile. Also worth going early to enjoy a cocktail or drink in the outdoor patio.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

At the urging of friends we cancelled a reservation at a different restaurant in Yountville to eat at Farm - and wow am I glad we did. I'm confident this is one of the most wonderful meals we've ever eaten. First of all the setting is extraordinary and the service is top notch - professional without being stuffy or overly formal. Our online reservation was a breeze and our table was ready upon our arrival. We were seated in a cozy little banquette - just enough room for two - adjacent to a fireplace. The vast, barn-like space is still comfy due to the thoughtful lighting and colors. My starter was the lager tomato soup with 3-cheese grilled cheese sandwich, and my husband started with beautiful oysters from Oregon - presentation was incredible on a bed of coarse rock salt with pepper berries - so pretty! Our entrees: i ordered the Meyer Lemon Lobster Risotto - oh my goodness! - and my husband had the lamb - prepared 3 ways - wow. Our waiter Javier was attentive and made great wine pairing suggestions which we followed and very happily so! Sadly no room for dessert - we finished every bite of dinner! We'll be back - a very unique and memorable dining experience. Thank you!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Highlights: excellent food (BEST risotto I've had in my life; and I feel I've sampled some fantastic restaurants), crisp service, beautiful setting. No negatives, which is unusual and hard to pull off for any review. Highly rated.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The lunch was so good, we relaxed, had a glass of wine and felt like we were the only ones there. It was fun to watch some of the guests playing horseshoes. The grounds were lovely. Our service was good. The food was delicious and nice to look at. We will be back.