“Great place for a romantic dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Farm at Carneros

Farm at Carneros
Reserve with OpenTable
Farm at Carneros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 282 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Sonoma Road
Sacramento
“Great place for a romantic dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful evening at FARM. The restaurant is beautiful, the service was very friendly, and the food was excellent. I can highly recommend FARM for a special occasion dinner.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Dublin, Ohio
“Maybe lunch is better?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Pretentious, overpriced, and not very delicious :( This was our most expensive dinner during our Napa stay, and I am sorry to say, it was not very good. Our waiter was very nice and was really the only thing about our dining experience that night that we enjoyed. I could see maybe doing cocktails out on the patio here, but would not recommend this establishment for dinner. If you must diner here, do not order the asparagus as a side. It is three shoots of asparagus with essentially a raw egg....for $16.....yikes!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CarnerosInnkeeper, Manager at Farm at Carneros, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Farm is not open for lunch. It is open for Dinner from Wednesday through Sunday. The Bar is open for the Bar Menu 7 days a week until 11:00 pm.
Lexington, KY
“Mean people. Good food. Ruined day”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on visit to Nappa. Ordered $50 of lunch. Had a bottle of wine with us from a winery we had stopped at. Sat at table to enjoy lunch and bottle of wine from nearby winery. Owner came out and said, "I didn't see anyone pay for that." Informed her we brought it. Told us, "that's fine then." We felt scolded and accused but oh well. Started to rain so went to car. Stopped raining and finished out lunch and wine at car outside. . Then had "Director of Operatons," James, come to car and tell us, ". We don't like the appearance of people drinking in the parking lot. It's important to know that next to us was a car cleaning service washing and vaccuming a car in the Parkig lot, yet somehow are drinking wine was distracting to the Nappa Cafe. I can only assume the place believes we stole a bottle o wine, we had a receipt for from Domaine Caneros, and then made the decision to drink it on their tables. I could not care less what this pretentious place believes me and my 3 friends who we all are blessed to have plenty of money to not need to steal from then, but the our wife's felt ashamed and scolded for doing nothing and it ruined their day. We have brought friends here and stop here every time we come out. No more. Stereotypes and conclusions exist everywhere clearly. I would rather, and will, take my money to places who respect people. Had they not wanted use to drink oh wine there, fine, I understand. But don't tell us it's fine and then call in others and in doing so ruin the time of two girls too sweet to realize who the true people are who should feel ashamed.

1 Thank jabreh00
San Francisco, California
“I wish it was perfect”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Four of us had dinner here last night, ambiance perfect, service perfect, quality of food ingredients perfect. But the premium sushi grade Ahi entree that was ordered RARE came out medium!

Sent back had to wait while everyone had their meal, messed up all the previous perfection.
What a shame.

They really should have comped the entree, but did not!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Bellingham, Massachusetts
“food good/bar service inadequate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

The outdoor space is beautiful. We ate at the bar on a Saturday evening (we like the bar). The food was very good. The salad was fresh and nicely presented. The entree (a chicken dish) was moist and well prepared. The service at the bar was completely inadequate. My husband likes a cocktail. Maybe they don't make them often, but the staff seemed clueless about making a Manhattan and seemed very confused by a request for the rocks on the side. I was next to the service station. There was a very dirty paper napkin that was originally in front of me and not picked up by anyone. I finally moved it to the service area, where it was pushed around by the staff and ignored by server after server and even two people who looked to be managers. Finally after about 20 minutes one of the servers picked it up. The attention to detail seems to be very lacking and the knowledge of the bar staff seemed inadequate (fine as long as they are only pouring wine or serving beer), especially for the level/type of place this is positioned as. Maybe it was an off night. Maybe the "A" staff was up at the private function at the Hilltop. Others spoke highly of the Farm.

Visited March 2013