“The Only Way To See Napa Wineries”

Platypus Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 230 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: $110 Wine Tour. Join us on a Platypus small-group wine tour of the Napa Valley, the Sonoma Valley or the Russian River / Healdsburg wine country! You’ll visit four charming, backroads wineries, be served a picnic lunch in a winery setting and learn many interesting tidbits: local history, culture and wine making. Our specialty is intimate, fun and memorable wine tours. This is a social tour for folks who are interested in tasting some of the world’s most celebrated wines, but are not necessarily wine experts. Hotel pick-up included. Tasting fees not included. Last-minute inquiries are also welcome! We offer private tours as well. Did we mention, fun?! TCP-21230-P
United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The Only Way To See Napa Wineries”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Five Stars for Platypus and our driver Kevin last Friday, 9-18. Kevin was very knowledgeable and just a great guy. The people on the bus will become your dear friends by the end of the day. Hi to Ashley and Sarri!

• Korean first
Tasmania, Australia
“A Great day around Sonoma”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

My girlfriend and I had a great day out with our very knowledgeable guide Ken. We got to taste fantastic wines from both small and large wineries without feeling rushed or compelled to buy anything. Our tour group was fun and relaxed, we both enjoyed meeting people from all over the globe. It was the highlight of our stay in Sonoma, the next time we are back in wine country we will definitely take another one of these tours.

Bismarck, North Dakota
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Wonderful Sonoma Wine Tour”
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We were new to the Wine country so we we unsure of which tour to go with. We chose Platypus tours and we were delighted with our experience. Ken was the tour guide and he was awesome. He was very attentive to our needs and very knowledgeable about wines. He also was very accomodating. This was by far the best part of the 5 days in wine country. He also recommended a great restaraunt in Sana Rosa. That too was superb. When we return we will go with Platypus, especially if Ken is the guide.

Los ANgeles
“Kudos to Platypus Tours”
Reviewed September 20, 2009

My wife and I took the Napa tour last Sunday, our fist time in this wonderful place. Our driver, Shawnda, was magnificent. She knows everything there's to know about wine tasting/touring/entertaining and anything that has to do with making people happy. She asked a couple of questions about our preferences, mind you we were ten people: 3 Russians, 2 Ohioans, 1 Australian, 2 Pennsylvanians and 1 Argentinian (me), and she made us all happy with the choice of wineries. In short, we had an unforgettable day. If you're gonna' go wine tasting Platypus is the way to go, comfortable clean van, expert winery and wine recommendations (Arger-Martucci is the best), tasty picnic lunch including Shawnda's special dessert... and I could go on and on but I think I've said enough. Go Napa, go Platypus, go Shawnda!!!
Flavio Posse

nebraska
“5 stars for Platypus”
Reviewed September 19, 2009

5 stars for Platypus tours. If you are looking for a truly personal,fun and laid back tour of the wine country then look no further. The buses hold about 5 couples and we were all on a first name basis from the outset. By the 2nd vineyard we were all laughing till our jaws hurt. Our drivers, Rod the first day and Dean the second were the most personable, humorous and regular guys you could ever meet. We stayed in San Francisco and commuted each day and they took extra special pains to get us back to the ferry on time. Next time I'll stay in Napa. Their knowledge of the whole wine industry was almost encyclopedic. Every question we had about the land,cultivation,harvesting,crushing,fermenting and bottling was answered. We tasted grapes right off the vine. We tasted juice of freshly crushed grapes, juice that was fermenting, wine that was ready for the barrel, and aged wine right out of the barrel. We were lucky enough to be touring in the middle of the "crush" so we saw a lot of the mechanics of the wine business. Platypus specializes in touring the smaller family vineyards whose wine you won't find in the liquor store. We met the owners, winemakers and vineyard workers at each estate, and the wine was the best we've ever tasted. I'm seriously worried that I'll never be able to open a bottle of Beringer with the same enthusiasm as before. Napa valley is a long ways from Nebraska but if I get a chance to go again I will definately call Platypus!