“The best money spent in Napa!!”

Platypus Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 223 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: $110 Wine Tour. Join us on a Platypus small-group wine tour of the Napa Valley, the Sonoma Valley or the Russian River / Healdsburg wine country! You’ll visit four charming, backroads wineries, be served a picnic lunch in a winery setting and learn many interesting tidbits: local history, culture and wine making. Our specialty is intimate, fun and memorable wine tours. This is a social tour for folks who are interested in tasting some of the world’s most celebrated wines, but are not necessarily wine experts. Hotel pick-up included. Tasting fees not included. Last-minute inquiries are also welcome! We offer private tours as well. Did we mention, fun?! TCP-21230-P
Toledo, OH
“The best money spent in Napa!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2008

Our tour was fantastic from the time I booked it until the time our driver Wendy dropped us off at our hotel! Wendy had a wealth of knowledge and customized the tour to the likes of the passengers. It was GREAT!! I will suggest Platypus tours to everyone that I know that is coming to Napa!

• Korean first
Austin, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful Winery Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2008

We had a wonderful experience with Platypus Tours and namely Dorsey our tour guide. He took us to wineries that were of great quality that we would never had been able to pick out without his expert knowledge of the area and its wineries. Platypus made it easy and fun to enjoy Napa. Thanks!

Quincy IL
“Fun winery tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2008

I am a traveling nurse, go all over the USA, and always try to take an area tour or two to see the sights. The Platypus tour - with special thanks to leader Scott - was the best I've taken. It was certainly everything advertised and more, with good food, outstanding wines, and more fun than I've had in a long long time. If you go to Sonoma (or, I assume, Napa), go with Platypus.

Brooklyn, NY
“Great Time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2008

My husband and I were in Napa recently and we took a wine tour with Platypus Tours. Our driver was Rod and he was excellent. He picked us up at our hotel in a very nice, luxury van at about 10:15am. Rod took us to 4 great, small, family run vineyards. We were able to taste many different wines with small tasting fees at only 2 places, the others were free. Rod was extremely knowledgeable about Napa and the wine making process. The tour ended around 5:30pm. My only complaint is that the picnic lunch, while very tasty, was a little sparse. They should allow for at least 2 half sandwiches per person. Ultimately, the lunch didn't matter, because the tour was so good. They also provide a platter with cheese and crackers and plenty of bottled water, which was much neeeded.
We also had a really fun group, there were 4 other couples on our tour and by the end we we're all taking pictures together and ended up going out to a bar that night. Overall, we had a great time! We will definitely take another tour with Platypus when we come back to Napa.

Cincinnati, OH
“One word...WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2008

Our driver, Dave was impressive! My wife and I never expected the trip to be fun, informative and did I mention fun!? Dave was so informative and so well educated. It was obvious he loves what he does. We had never been to Napa before, let alone a winery tour before. This set the bar. Driver Dave, thank you so much. My wife and I loved it!