“Wonderful Winery Tour”

Platypus Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 233 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: $110 Wine Tour. Join us on a Platypus small-group wine tour of the Napa Valley, the Sonoma Valley or the Russian River / Healdsburg wine country! You’ll visit four charming, backroads wineries, be served a picnic lunch in a winery setting and learn many interesting tidbits: local history, culture and wine making. Our specialty is intimate, fun and memorable wine tours. This is a social tour for folks who are interested in tasting some of the world’s most celebrated wines, but are not necessarily wine experts. Hotel pick-up included. Tasting fees not included. Last-minute inquiries are also welcome! We offer private tours as well. Did we mention, fun?! TCP-21230-P
Austin, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful Winery Tour”
Reviewed November 4, 2008

We had a wonderful experience with Platypus Tours and namely Dorsey our tour guide. He took us to wineries that were of great quality that we would never had been able to pick out without his expert knowledge of the area and its wineries. Platypus made it easy and fun to enjoy Napa. Thanks!

• Korean first
Quincy IL
“Fun winery tour”
Reviewed November 3, 2008

I am a traveling nurse, go all over the USA, and always try to take an area tour or two to see the sights. The Platypus tour - with special thanks to leader Scott - was the best I've taken. It was certainly everything advertised and more, with good food, outstanding wines, and more fun than I've had in a long long time. If you go to Sonoma (or, I assume, Napa), go with Platypus.

Brooklyn, NY
“Great Time!”
Reviewed November 3, 2008

My husband and I were in Napa recently and we took a wine tour with Platypus Tours. Our driver was Rod and he was excellent. He picked us up at our hotel in a very nice, luxury van at about 10:15am. Rod took us to 4 great, small, family run vineyards. We were able to taste many different wines with small tasting fees at only 2 places, the others were free. Rod was extremely knowledgeable about Napa and the wine making process. The tour ended around 5:30pm. My only complaint is that the picnic lunch, while very tasty, was a little sparse. They should allow for at least 2 half sandwiches per person. Ultimately, the lunch didn't matter, because the tour was so good. They also provide a platter with cheese and crackers and plenty of bottled water, which was much neeeded.
We also had a really fun group, there were 4 other couples on our tour and by the end we we're all taking pictures together and ended up going out to a bar that night. Overall, we had a great time! We will definitely take another tour with Platypus when we come back to Napa.

Cincinnati, OH
“One word...WOW!”
Reviewed November 1, 2008

Our driver, Dave was impressive! My wife and I never expected the trip to be fun, informative and did I mention fun!? Dave was so informative and so well educated. It was obvious he loves what he does. We had never been to Napa before, let alone a winery tour before. This set the bar. Driver Dave, thank you so much. My wife and I loved it!

Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant tour in late October”
Reviewed November 1, 2008

First time in Napa and I wanted to take a tour to get a layout of the land and see some wineries that I would have skipped over. Dave was our tour guide and he seemed very honest and knowledgeable. We ended up going to 5 wineries, 2 of which we toured as well as tasted (one cave tour, one more of a "how its made" tour). At the first winery (Hill family, great!) Dave asked every one individually what kind of wine they preferred etc. but he actually missed my boyfriend and I which was a little disappointing because the rest of the group must have requested sweet wine, whereas we prefer reds, don't know how much this influenced the chosen stops but things turned out fine. We had a little lunch (yummy, simple) at St. Clements which was a winery I had planned to go to the next day so that was nice. All in all we got a lot out of the tour, even my anti-social bf loved it. I agree with another review about the heavy-handed gratuity suggestion, we would have tipped the amount suggested without his prompting. I wish I could suggest my tips too as I'm a server!!