“Chris”

Platypus Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 239 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: $110 Wine Tour. Join us on a Platypus small-group wine tour of the Napa Valley, the Sonoma Valley or the Russian River / Healdsburg wine country! You’ll visit four charming, backroads wineries, be served a picnic lunch in a winery setting and learn many interesting tidbits: local history, culture and wine making. Our specialty is intimate, fun and memorable wine tours. This is a social tour for folks who are interested in tasting some of the world’s most celebrated wines, but are not necessarily wine experts. Hotel pick-up included. Tasting fees not included. Last-minute inquiries are also welcome! We offer private tours as well. Did we mention, fun?! TCP-21230-P
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Perfect tour! Chris picked us up promptly at our hotel. He was informative in tall aspects Napa/Sonoma Valley. He picked perfect wineries and provided a great lunch. I highly recommend.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

8 of us went on vacation for a 5-day trip to Sonoma-Napa, and we decided to have a day of someone else driving and making decisions for us. Andy at Platypus Tours did not disappoint! I had booked the tour well in advance, and a few weeks before our arrival, Andy actually phoned me (not email!) to have a long discussion about what kind of day we wanted so that he could be sure to tailor the tour to exactly what we wanted (he did). I had several phone conversations with Andy prior to our trip. Based on the feedback I provided from our group, he planned a day for us visiting the types of wineries we preferred, at the pace we wanted.

The day of the tour was fantastic! We had booked the "limo bus," which was so comfortable and pleasant. We had packed a picnic, and the van was already preloaded with a (complimentary) cheese tray, water and coolers for the food we brought along. Since I had planned the trip, my friends weren't really sure to expect, and every one of us raved about what a great day we had, and how terrific Andy was. True to our itinerary, we went to exactly the types of places we wanted to go. Our visits were complemented by Andy's own knowledge of wines, the vineyards, and the actually wineries. We learned so much throughout the day (at least, throughout the morning!), and we had so much fun.

Andy fit right into our group, he was flexible and laid back, and it was a delight to spend the day with him. This was definitely a treat for one of the days we were there.

Highly recommend Platypus Tours (and while I'm sure the other tour guides are excellent, I cannot speak to that so be sure to ask for Andy!)

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were in Napa for our honeymoon, and chose to do a Platypus tour. We had a BLAST! Our driver/tour guide was fantastic, friendly, and educated. Thank you for a wonderful and fun day! :)

1  Thank Jennie L
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We took a tour with Platypus based on the recommendation of a coworker who had recently been out to Napa. Our guide Greg was fantastic. He took us to several excellent wineries, provided us with a vast amount of information about the area and made certain that we had a great day. We had so much fun that we booked another tour with Greg through Platypus for two days later to tour the Russian River area of Sonoma.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Had a blast! Completely different experience than just walking up to a winery! Mike is great fun and full of tid bits. Made the trip worth taking. Can't wait to do it again!

Still bummed they won't let me keep that pigmy goat at Larson, maybe next time!