“Great company, service, learning experience and fun”

Platypus Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 239 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: $110 Wine Tour. Join us on a Platypus small-group wine tour of the Napa Valley, the Sonoma Valley or the Russian River / Healdsburg wine country! You’ll visit four charming, backroads wineries, be served a picnic lunch in a winery setting and learn many interesting tidbits: local history, culture and wine making. Our specialty is intimate, fun and memorable wine tours. This is a social tour for folks who are interested in tasting some of the world’s most celebrated wines, but are not necessarily wine experts. Hotel pick-up included. Tasting fees not included. Last-minute inquiries are also welcome! We offer private tours as well. Did we mention, fun?! TCP-21230-P
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was only in Napa Valley for a day so I wanted to make the most out of my day there. It was impossible to figure out which vineyard to visit because there's so many in Napa Valley + I didn't want to visit commercial vineyards. Having read the amazing reviews on tripadvisor, I decided to join the platypus tour. The tour did not fall short of all the great reviews!

Typically, when I go on a tour we won't really have a chance to speak to other travelers but my boyfriend and I were put together with a great bunch of people whom we ended up exchanging contacts with and really got to know.

In a small group of 9, we were scheduled to 4 different vineyards which our tour guide, Armando chose. We went to vineyards with more of a local flavor, smaller sized and learned a lot about wines. ALL the vineyards we went were great - high-quality wine. Needless to say, we all bought some wine to bring back :)

Armando was a great tour guide: funny, experienced and very helpful. I'm from Hong Kong and he was quick to help regarding my problems with shipping wine back to HK. Oh! AND he's a photographer so those who want great photos are sure to be satisfied with his photo-taking skills!

If you're in Napa Valley, I highly recommend Platypus.

1  Thank Twistermack

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was a first-time visitor to Wine Country and only had one day to enjoy it! So glad we took a Platypus tour. Extremely accommodating and focused on making your day special. Very yummy snacks and lunch.

1  Thank Andrea H
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I were in town for our very first trip to Napa. Greta was our tour guide and she was great. It was basically a tour of the region and then we spent a relaxing day touring small vineyards up valley. The lunch of sandwiches hit the spot and the cheese plate was fun. We had a little visit from one of the winery dogs which put an end to the cheese plate but it ended up being funny than anything else. It was beautiful and non-commercial and stress free, which is exactly what we wanted. I would recommend Platypus to anyone's itinerary while in Napa as I will definitely be doing another tour when I return.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Spent the day yesterday touring 4 vineyards. Our guide, Alison was awesome-very well informed and made great recommendations of places to tours as well as allowing me to pick vineyards. Lunch was perfect as well as the snacks and water along the way! I will definitely use Platypus again and recommend my friends ask for Alison!!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Highly recommend taking a private wine tour with Platypus - ask for David! We had a wonderful experience. David was very knowledgable about the area and the vineyards. Being a winemaker himself he was so informative. We toured Caymus, Sequoia, Honig and Alpha Omega. I was not impressed with either Sequoia or Honig as the other 2 the staff was so personable which we did not feel at these two vineyards. I would recommend replacing one with a stop at St Clement. Beautiful location and amazing views