“FANTASTIC” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Platypus Wine Tours

Platypus Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 218 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: $110 Wine Tour. Join us on a Platypus small-group wine tour of the Napa Valley, the Sonoma Valley or the Russian River / Healdsburg wine country! You’ll visit four charming, backroads wineries, be served a picnic lunch in a winery setting and learn many interesting tidbits: local history, culture and wine making. Our specialty is intimate, fun and memorable wine tours. This is a social tour for folks who are interested in tasting some of the world’s most celebrated wines, but are not necessarily wine experts. Hotel pick-up included. Tasting fees not included. Last-minute inquiries are also welcome! We offer private tours as well. Did we mention, fun?! TCP-21230-P
Toronto, Canada
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have worked with many different tour companies around the world and by far Platypus is superior. The service provided was outstanding. I had clients with me and they all loved the day. Rod was knowledgeable and friendly and picked the perfect wineries for us to visit. The wineries we visited were small and personal and when we arrived at each of them we were the centre of attention and received personalized service by the owners. We were never treated as numbers, never rushed and never ignored. Platypus knows what they are doing and I would certainly use their services again when traveling the Napa Valley.

• Korean first
Calgary, Canada
“Tour was highlight of our trip!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Planning a girls trip can be very stressful, but chosing this tour company was the best decision I could have made. They were so wonderful and placed us with our unreal tour guide Darren. Not only did Darren choose vineyards that fit all of our personalities and likes, but he was so knowledgeable on all the wines vineyards and area. He was so very personalbe and fun. He let us be "girls" and was so patient and open to letting us have the time of our lives!!! I would reccomend this company and our Darren anytime and hope to see him again when I bring my husband and other couples back to the Wine regions!!!!

Visited May 2012
Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent wine country tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

We loved our tour with Ken. We know very little about wine and even less about the Sonoma area, but Ken was very knowledgeable and had some great recommendations. He took us to many small wineries that we would never have found on our own, and we had a wonderful day. Highly recommend a Platypus tour with Ken!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank ajhawk_10
Blaine, Minnesota
“Great Sonoma Wine Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I had a great time on a Sonoma Wine tour we took with Platypus during the last week of April 2012. Even though we were staying in Napa, the shuttle picked us up at our B&B and drove us over to Sonoma where we picked up up 6 more people. Alison was our tour guide, and she planned a great day for us! We visited unique vinyards, from very small to a little larger, and at one we even got a tour of the wine caves, which none of the other tours we tool invovled. We visited four different vineyards, with a picnic lunch in between each set of two vineyards. The food was delicious! Overall we got to taste a variety of wines in the sonoma valley visit 4 very unqiue vineyards, and we had a wonderful time. I'd reccomend this tour to anyone looking for a fun way to explore wineries that would be hard to find on your own.

Quebec City, Canada
“Lovely experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Platypus gets it ! The tour that was planned through Napa Valley by our guide, Darren, was amazing. We went to some small winerys, got to taste amazing wines and Darren was very knowledgeable. The lunch stop was in a very beautiful spot at the second winery and everyone had a great time ! I would wholeheartedly recommend Platypus Tours.