“Wonderful Experience”

Filippi's Pizza Groto
Ranked #36 of 283 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bakersfield, California
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Tom the Owner was in helping to make pizzas at 11pm at night. The place was busy with Bottle Rock festival goers and all of the staff just took it in stride. Tom makes everything the same way Mama used to make it at India Street in San Diego, and it was a pure joy to savor some of our old favorite foods.

Visited May 2013

Napa, California
“Double layer of cheese”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had a good time here but more because I was in good company than anything else. They do those double layers of cheese on the pizza which is nice (but makes leftovers taste kind of yechhh). It's not my favorite pizza in town, but I can sit back and get a pitcher of beer and a pie on my way home from work -- life is good.

Visited December 2012
Centennial, Colorado
“Like the Italian food I grew up with in Chicago!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Loved this place! I grew up in Chicago and this food was as good as I grew up with...hearty and homemade Italian! You can't compare this to the "fancy shmancy" restaurants in Napa Valley, so don't even try. I had the chicken parmigiana with mushrooms. Yum! I have to admit though...my favorite part of the meal is the garlic/olive oil bread they give you before your meal arrives. I could have made a complete dinner with a basket of that, one of their softball sized meatballs and a carafe of chianti! I loved the energy in the restaurant...made me feel like I was having dinner with a large Italian family. Staff is great...so friendly and unpretentious. I would eat here again and again and again!

• Visited March 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Can't forget the spaghetti and meatball”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

On our first and overnight trip to Napa last October, we headed straight to the Oxbow Market for dinner. We walked in and walked out disappointed. There was nothing in there for us. Luckily, we saw Filippi's across the street and one look at their menu, this was the place for us! Hubby had their spaghetti with meat sauce and I had the the spaghetti with meatball. Yup, not meatballs, but one gigantic meatball! Had to doggy bag the leftover with me to SFO the next day as I didn't want to waste such a delicious meal. The place was packed on a week night with the local residents. This tells you something about the restaurant. Good food and great service!

• Visited October 2012
OCCA
“Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you want a quick bite of pasta or some pizza and you are near the Oxbow Market this is an ok place for the price. If you are in the mood for some of the really good food Napa is known for I would not recommend. The service was good and staff were friendly.

Visited February 2013