“fresh”

Ranked #2 of 14 Dessert in Napa
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a quaint little spot next to the Napa River Inn. You order at the counter from choices of fresh, home made sweet rolls, muffins, croissant, mochas, lattes, etc. They make a great egg sandwich with your choice of ham or bacon.

1  Thank sunshineboltie

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Great breakfast included with out stay at the Napa River Inn. Lots of options!

Reviewed October 29, 2011

The croissants were ok, but I think it came with AM bunz, which I thought was really good, tastes great with coffee and a cup of grapefruit juice.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stopped by Sweetie Pies to grab some breakfast for the road. I picked the fruit & yogurt parfait and a blackberry oat scone. My husband picked a strawberry danish. We ate our breakfast in the car on the way to do some wine tasting. My scone was pretty bland, but my husband's danish was excellent. Then I went to eat my yogurt parfait...and suddenly there was loud crunching noises...at first thought it was a nut....no, something didn't seem right so I spit it out. It was glass. This was a shocking and somewhat scary experience to say the least.

I called the store right away and explained the situation. I was told "Thank you for letting us know." What??? I again expressed my concern for the safety for others and was again told "Thank you for letting us know. We will make everyone aware of it." Hmmm

I was concerned that maybe my call was not being taken seriously. Maybe there was a disinterested clerk who happened to answer my call. So, the next morning I went in and asked to see the manager. I got the person who was the front area supervisor. I asked if she had heard about my situation from the day before. She had. I told her that I was concerned my call wasn't taken seriously based on the response, so I wanted to make sure they knew it was a legitimate issue. She said they were aware of it and they had informed the staff, including the General Manager. I told her how unnerving it was to be eating something and suddenly to be chewing on glass and how I was glad I was not cut. She seemed to be relating to my story but honestly I don't know if there was an apology at any point during our conversation. Maybe there was, but it was not memorable. The attitude was more "Yeah, we know about the issue and we don't know how it got in there".

I'm not someone that looks for something for nothing, however, I do know a few things about customer service. I cannot believe the apologies were not overwhelming either when I called or when I went there in person. I cannot believe that no one said they would like to refund my money, offer me a free coffee...nothing.

I guess their business is so fantastic that making things right after they have gone so wrong is not a priority. I wasn't upset because of some minor issue...I had GLASS in my food! If they would have made it right, I probably would not have wrote this review.

I guess now you can decide if this is the type of establishment that you want to give your business to. I know my vote.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

You can order what you want and it is delivered to your room. Never had a 'continental breakfast' like this before. DELICIOUS!!!