“Tourist Trap”

8:00 PM
Ranked #7 of 328 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Napa Valley is steeped in sunshine, flavor, and beauty. A simple yet sophisticated place, it's always been about great food and great wine -- no fuss. In the springtime, the mustard flower blooms and covers the Valley floor in a carpet of yellow. When the restaurant was being built, it was this carpet that inspired the name Mustards. Since opening in 1983, Mustards Grill has been serving farm-to-table fare that celebrates the flavors of our California home. Award-winning chef Cindy Pawlcyn has crafted a menu of favorites, using ingredients from our own garden or curated carefully, with an eye towards continuing to be a “localvore.” Join us for a glass of blue chip wine and a dish made to make you happy.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My advice to visitors is to go to places off the road. Mustards has many fancy meals for a price. However we asked for diet changes that they failed to deliver.

The patrones are snobs. They put sugar on their chicken wings. WHY???

They did not accommodate low carb requests. Really disappointed.

Sean K, Owner at Mustards Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks so much for visiting our restaurant and enjoying a meal with us. We're sorry if our menu didn't have exactly what you were looking for, but our chefs work hard to give all of our customers a fantastic experience. We'd love for you to try us again and give us another shot.

The Team at Mustards Grill

Write a reviewReviews (2,844)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had enjoyed a very late lunch with wine tasting in Napa and were a bit reluctant to go out for another fancy meal.
We were blown away.
We sat on 3 tables close by ( the only way they could fit us in ) , but we got to eat from the entire menu whereas many other restaurants on the trip insisted on limited choices.

The food was excellent and the service friendly prompt and extremely professional.

Sean K, Owner at Mustards Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

So glad you decided to drop in for a visit! We love hosting our wonderful Napa visitors, and it's great to hear you loved your time with us. Come back and see us next time you're in the area!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I decided after traveling all day we’d go to a well known establishment that serves very good food and has been for 36 years. My wife started her dinner with sweet corn tamales, with mushrooms, a tomatillo-avocado salsa and pumpkin seeds. It was unusual but had very interesting flavor profiles. I opted for the ahi tuna crackers, wasabi cream, San Bai su. The tuna was done perfectly and the heat was spot on, overall a very good dish.

For our entrees my wife selected the mustard marinated rabbit with garden squash, summer beans dressed with a charred tomato salsa. The dish worked extremely well. I decided to go for the wood oven duck with forbidden rice, ginger-garlic eggplant and a spicy plum sauce. The dish would have been a game stopper without the eggplant, it detracted from the rest of the plate. Our server was excellent so I want to add that in.

As you know you have to rate on a 1-5 scale which really can put the writer in a blind. The experience was better than 4 but a few things prevented scoring it a 5. I would definitely go back again.

Sean K, Owner at Mustards Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for dropping in for a meal with us! We love when our customers appreciate the thoughtfulness that our chefs put into each dish, and we appreciate the honest feedback. Hopefully you and your wife will come back for a visit next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I can’t say enough about how good the food was, but I have never felt so rushed by the staff at a better dining experience. We visited Mustards for lunch on Friday at Noon. We were out of the restaurant by 12:35. After placing my order I visited the ladies room and when I came back both my salad and first course were on the table. Not sure why they were served together, but also I wasn’t gone from the table for even five minutes. The staff had our check in hand when they asked if we wanted dessert. It was very strange to be pushed like this. BTW - we were dressed nicely and I’m pretty sure we didn’t smell! As much as we loved our food, might not go back as there are so many options in Napa and this was the only place we felt pushed.

Sean K, Owner at Mustards Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We're sorry if you felt rushed at all, but we always want our guests to feel like they can see everything on their list when visiting Napa. You can always feel free to slow down with us and relax. Hopefully you'll join us again for another great meal. We can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed September 15, 2019

What a fabulous meal. The pork chop was a amazing and the special panzanella salad with salmon was also fabulous. Sitting at the bar to eat is always a favorite and the bartender was great.

Sean K, Owner at Mustards Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

You're the best! Pork chops and Panzanella salads are some of our favorites too. We hope that you'll come back and see us again soon for another round!

'Til then,