“Just Perfect”

Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed March 7, 2011

This hotel was just perfect for us. We went back and forth researching all kinds of places, inns, B&B's, resorts trying to decide whether to stay here or somewhere further north in Napa. I am so glad we stayed here. This price is great from the level of comfort and service you recieve. It was just so cozy and comfortable. The rooms were clean and not overdone. It was more like a large house than an Inn and its actually smaller than it looks in the pics which I was happy with. It was like being at a B&B only its not that intrusive, if you want privacy ,you have it and its a very quiet location too even though its off the freeway. There is no reason to pay more for an expensive resort or spa. Just what we needed, quiet and cozy!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Elm House Inn

Reviewed March 7, 2011

Would not stay any other place when I return to the Napa area. The owners and the entire staff go out of their weay to make you feel at home. The rooms are enormous and beautiful. The location and value are unbeatable. The breakfast in the morning and the cookies at night are absolutely fabulous as well. You would have to be crazy to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2011

This hotel was my favourite hotel of my 3-week vacation in California. I would recommend this hotel to everyone traveling in Napa Valley! I stayed here for three nights and was sorry I couldn't stay longer! As a solo traveler, I was looking for a place where I felt safe and where I could feel at home. This hotel was all of that and more - the room was huge and clean, the location was central to everything you might need, and the breakfast in the morning was incredible. The thing that stands-out most about this hotel, though, is the incredible staff - they know guests by name and go above and beyond to make everyone feel welcome and help to make their stay in Napa Valley wonderful. They will call to make reservations, advise you on the best wineries to visit, and help with anything you need. (They even checked the traffic for me when I was leaving to drive to the San Francisco airport.) The rate was so reasonable (I recommend going in the off-season for the best rates at hotels and attractions!) I will be back to this hotel for sure next time I'm in Napa Valley!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We stayed here over Presidents' Day weekend, and we were very pleased and impressed. It really is more like a B&B than a chain hotel. The room we had was enormous and immaculately kept. We stayed one night in San Francisco before heading home, and I missed the Elm House so much b/c, unless you absolutely must stay in a 5-star resort style hotel, you really can't beat the quality stay and service you will receive at the Elm House. The only reason I dinged them on service was the employee working the front desk after we checked in (not Miriam, but another heavily accented lady) kept telling us to look in the books of restaurant listings rather than giving us a local's recommendation for places to eat. She seemed irritated that we didn't want to just look at lists of menus to make a decision, but there are so many places to choose from that it is really intimidating to just pick a place as a traveler. A recommendation from someone living in the area is a HUGE help! We found a nice place on our own, but not without some frustration. Otherwise, I cannot fault the Elm House for anything (except maybe having a few more tables for the terrific breakfast). Don't pass this up, but if you do, that means more availability for those of us who know what a gem it is!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Our stay was only for one night, but it was great. The room was spacious with everything we needed. Huge bathroom with an extra vanity to get ready without stumbling over each other. The breakfast was wonderful, especially the Waffles. We would have stayed the whole week at Elm House if we weren't wine tasting in/around St Helena. The Elm House is the best price around and especially for the room size, and amenities. Great Place.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ARGIGGLES
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Really lovely.
Spotlessly clean.
Very friendly and helpful.
Great home baked cookies!
Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed here and loved it. Fantastic value, wonderful staff. Very helpful. Great breakfast every morning-everything from fresh berries to waffles and cereals. Cozy fireplace. Would stay here again and would have expected to pay much more.

• Stayed: February 2011