“Best Kept Secret in Napa....pass it on”

Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed April 30, 2009

My husband and I booked at the Best Western Elm House Inn after researching it on Trip Advisor. Our previous stays in Napa have been at Bed and Breakfasts at almost double the cost.

It was our anniversary weekend and thought we had booked the King Suite. (We booked through Best Western, not the inn itself) When I asked about the confusion, Miriam changed our room immediately. The room was very clean and nicely appointed. (for less than $200 per night, we had a jacuzzi tub and fireplace!)

The grounds were beautiful and it was a nice cozy blend of B&B and small boutique inn. Fresh flowers, lit candles and the most decadent chocolate chip cookies were waiting in the evenings. The breakfasts were delicious with a deluxe style continental breakfast, of homemade coffee cakes (Ted, I'll still arm wrestle you for the recipe) fresh fruit, cereal, yogurts, oatmeal, and the most wonderful Belgian waffles. Connie, Ted, and Miriam all treated us like friends, not clients, recommending great restaurants, wineries, etc.

You are on a fairly major street and there was a bit of street noise, but nothing that would prevent us from staying again..and again...and again.

We went to Yountville shopping, the manager asked us where we were staying....when we said the Best Western Elm House Inn, she replied that it was the best kept secret in Napa.

We would agree...pass it on!

Connie and family, we hope you are wildly successful.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sad2BHomeDenver

Reviewed April 22, 2009

This was my second visit to Napa and I chose to stay at the Elm House again because of not only the great value, but because the staff there is so polite, accomodating, and helpful. My room had two double beds, a fridge, and was very clean and comfy. The breakfast in the mornings is outstanding...homemade oatmeal and waffles, cereal, juices...perfect. The location is in downtown Napa (a block or two down from central downtown) and is a good base location for exploring the valley. Napa itself is a great town to walk around and has great restaurants (Angele and ZuZus) were two awesome places we tried. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank USATravellerAtlanta
Reviewed April 18, 2009

My wife and I stayed here March 7-10, for my birthday weekend. This was about our 10th trip to Napa Valley, but the first to the Elm House. We've stayed at some of the finest (read "expensive") places up there, as well as some of the not-so-finest. I waited a month to write this to make sure we still felt the same about the Elm House. We do.

This place was great, especially because of the fantastic people who run it: Tom Kearns, his wife Connie, and their son Ted, along with everyone else. They could not be more accommodating. Breakfast was great, the homemade cookies at night were incredible, and the overall ambience was homey without being stifiling. They couldn't do enough to help out everyone who stayed there.

It truly is an "Inn"; not a B&B, nor a motel. Our room was right above the central lobby/breakfast area. It was super clean, comfy, and pretty quiet (OK, you do hear a bit of noise in the morning with Napa traffic, but really no big deal; you're in town after all)

Although we have stayed up valley and in the country as well as the city, this location was perfect: just off Hwy 29, and also just 3 minutes into downtown Napa. And the price was very reasonable, too.

Would definitely stay here again, thanks mostly to Tom, et al. True Innkeepers in every sense of the word. Bravo!

2  Thank Zzyzx6986
Reviewed April 12, 2009

My wife and I stayed in this gem of a find for two peaceful and relaxing nights. When we return to the Wine Country of Napa, we will without a doubt, choose the Elm House Inn again for our stay. The rooms were large and comfortable, the bath and other amenities perfect, the grounds a peaceful garden setting and lastly, Tom and the rest of the the staff were very friendly, helpful and respectful. The complimentary breakfast and homemade waffles were most delicious. I will recommend this hotel to friends and family. It was like being invited into a friend's home. Having chosen this hotel from other TRIPADVISOR reviews, I can say they were right on!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RagtopBeetle
Reviewed April 6, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Elm House Inn back in April of 2008 and had a wonderful time. The staff and rooms were just lovely. We enjoyed the cookies that have been written about in other reviews. We found the room we were in luxurious for a Best Western and completely affordable for Napa. The staff were friendly and personable as well as just nice and helpful. That is why I recommended it to my parents for their 40th wedding anniversary this past March (2009). And that is primarily why I am writing. the Elm House Inn surpassed both my and their expectations.

I called ahead of time (from my home in Raleigh, NC) to see about leaving a bottle of wine in the room for my parents, and Ted (one of the nicest hotel staff persons I've spoken with at any hotel) was very helpful in helping me pick out the right wine for my parents. He even upgraded their room and told me they'd be well taken care of for their anniversary. And they were. (As you can see, my parents don't write reviews, but for a place this exceptional, their thoughts were worth writing about.)

My parents had wonderful experience. They loved the staff, the rooms, and the food. My dad is a huge fan of the mini-loaves and both loved the cookies put out for guests. They found the wine in their room, done up very nicely with two wine glasses for them to share. And the staff played up their anniversary just perfectly, enough to make them feel special and taken care, but not overbearing at all. They are already hoping to make a trip back to the inn soon with other friends. And after my own experience, and theirs, I will definitely stay at the Elm House Inn anytime I am in Napa.

2  Thank trailbling
Reviewed March 31, 2009

My boyfriend and I were guests at the Elm House Inn a few weeks ago and I can say nothing but good things. In the evening, the Inn's aroma consists of delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies, which are always out for grabs and gently restocked when out. The hospitality and warm welcomes from the staff are hard to come around these days, which is why we love the Elm House Inn and are proud patrons. If you are looking for a quiet, quaint, and lovely get a away in the beautiful town of Napa, the Elm House Inn should be number one on your list.

1  Thank FresnoLauren5
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I find I am not a real big fan of Best Western Hotels, but the ELM HOUSE INN is just great.
The family that owns it, seems to always be available. They make you feel as if your are in their home and they are more than happy to have you there. Want to thank everyone from Tripadvisor that recommended it. Without this site I am sure I never would have known about the Elm House or thought about going there.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple