“Affordable luxury”

Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This is one of the best bargain hotels I've ever visited, in Napa or otherwise. It truly is a bed and breakfast at a hotel price. The breakfasts are made to order plus a large continental assortment. The rooms are large and well appointed. The jacuzzi out back is in a pretty garden setting. The location was quite convenient to downtown Napa plus near the highway to Sonoma.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Elm House Inn

Reviewed September 5, 2011

The Elm House Inn is not your typical Best Western. We actually almost didn't stay here due to the name (in my mind BW is known for value pricing not quality service. However, this Inn definitely provides superior service. It is privately owned and operated and wow do they care about their customers.
We stayed in room 207 and it was large, with a fire place, king bed, sitting area, and jet tub. They had a hot tub and a very nice complimentary breakfast. No bacon and eggs...but good waffles, fruit and other normal buffet food.
The inn is a mile or so from down town...but a short drive or cab ride.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

A wondeful B&B in Napa with spacious rooms, excellent customer service and great location. We had a second level room in the 4th building that stayed quiet and comfortable the entire time. Highly recommed.....and do not forget about the warm delicious cookies made at 6pm everyday.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed two nights at the BW Elm House Inn during a family vacation to California. It was a wonderful experience. The staff was SO friendly and gave us plenty of great recommendations for places to eat and wineries to visit. The breakfast was delicious with a lot of choices and even home made waffles (my daughter's favorite). And the afternoon cookies were to die for (my favorite)!! Definately will stay there again and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BJMM_4
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I visited Napa Valley for a week...chose this hotel because of the reviews on Trip Advisor...it certainly met and exceeded our expectations. Tom was the perfect host and it mattered so much as my husband became ill and we needed the TLC provided by our host....I can guarantee you will not find that in any other hotel (especially not a chain hotel.) The room was spacious, sparkling clean with no detail overlooked. The hot tub though small was perfect after a busy day at the wineries. Breakfast was delicious and a few mornings were cool enough for a lovely fire in the breakfast/living room.

Everyone there could not have been more helpful, kind & considerate. We hope to return soon and Elm House Inn will be the first call we make.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I'm sorry it's taken me a month to brag on this place. My wife and I had a fantastic week here in mid -July. Spacious room. A lavish breakfast to set you up for the day. Homemade waffles to die for! The jacuzzi in the courtyard is big enough for eight and perfectly maintained! If you'll be out at 6PM don't worry about missing the greatest fresh baked chocolate chip cookies you've ever eaten. They'll stash some for you till you get back later in the evening! The only thing I can possibly come up with that could be a negative is that the mattress in our bed was firm but not super firm. And that is reaching... I had to think for 10 minutes before coming up with that. The hotel location was also a plus. Very easy to get to the highway, yet we never heard traffic from our room overlooking the courtyard. I actually get "homesick thinking about how I miss the place! Our rate was low compared to other places in the area. The local ownership is intimately involved in the day-to-day workings of the place so you know the staff is always bringing their "A" game. I travel for work and stay at many hotels...If I could only keep coming back here! :-)

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that overlook the courtyard and the jacuzzi (402 or 403)
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelguyky
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My husband and I chose this hotel based on all the good reviews from trip advisor........and we were very pleased with this Inn! We did not stay in the main Inn, but were upgraded to a HUGE room in another building behind the courtyard! I highly recommend asking to stay in the other building behind the courtyard if you like a little more privacy and want your own space.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple