1,701 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeoakland raidersnapa valleywine tastingwhole foodswine countryconcierge serviceoff the highwaybottled waterfitness centerresort feeconvenient locationfire pitnice propertycommon areasoatmealevery evening
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Napa Marriott Hotel and Spa is a great location for you to enjoy your Napa wine experience. The rooms are up to Marriott's standards, clean, large, great beds and friendly staff. Every evening we had a different winery providing tastings and the outside fire pits were a great place to sip wine and enjoy the evening breezes. You are only about 7 miles from Yountville, the food center of Napa and another 3 or 5 miles to the wine tasting region. The concierge desk offers lots of great information. Make sure you ask for coupons for the wineries you are planning to visit as they have some 2 for 1's and dollar discounts although they don't have coupons for every winery.

The lobby is large and there is a bar off to one side of the lobby so you can see all the activity in the hotel. Parking was a little challenging as the hotel was full. All and all a great place to stay. We didn't visit the spa.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rock36662
Sonny K, Director of Sales at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear rock36662,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience and hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you again for taking the time to visit us and share your feedback.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I met friends for lunch on Sunday April 13th for a b day celebration. I looked for Dave who bartends regularly there but he was not working that day. At lunch a few of us ordered bloody mary's I was a little leary ordering it since I knew Dave was not working as he makes the best bloody mary's. Just like I thought it was not good whatsoever. I asked for extra spicy and there was no spice to it at all. It tasted like plain tomato juice. Bring back Dave so I can enjoy one of his awesome drinks!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank bubblygrape
ChefBW, Exec Chef/F&B Director at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Hello Bubblygrape -

Thanks for taking the time to offer feedback on your Sunday Brunch experience at VINeleven in the Napa Valley Marriott. I am sorry your birthday with friends was dampened by the disappointing Bloody Marys ordered. We will make sure immediately our Bloody Marys are created with better execution, regardless of who is making them, and hope you will come by and try us again soon. I am Brian Whitmer, our Exec Chef/F&B Director, and invite you to contact me advance of your next visit so that I may personally make sure it is a winner. Thank you.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Before going, the name "Napa Valley Marriott Hotel and Spa" led me to assume it would be a higher end Marriott, but it turned out that it was just an average to slightly below average Marriott. The room was rather small, though clean.

We are platinum members, so we had complementary breakfast in the concierge room. The breakfast was bare minimum. Much less variety than what I normally expect from a Marriott.

One minor problem - water in the shower would not get hot at times. It was not cold, but would only get up to lukewarm.

One good thing about the hotel was that It was very close (only 2 miles away) to Alston Park, where we ran in the morning. It is so scenic with a lot of hills and is surrounded by beautiful wineries. I would love to have gone back there with a camera.

Overall, we were content with the hotel; it was just a little disappointing that it did not live up to the expectation I'd had for a Marriott in Napa. I think next time we're back in Napa/Sonoma, we will go back to the Renaissance in Sonoma. We liked that hotel much better.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dublin2016
Werner M, Front Office Manager at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear 1016cardinals,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Napa Valley Marriott Hotel and Spa. On behalf of the entire hotel I want to apologize for not living up to your expectations in regards to the room and concierge breakfast options. I am pleased to hear that you were able to keep up with your fitness routine and that you enjoyed the crisp morning air while running through the beautiful Alston Park hills. It is one of my favorite running trails too. Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Here for a conference. If priority is access to 29, this is pretty much unbeatable. Would have preferred staying downtown near restaurants and shops, but it is a pretty short drive. Bed quite comfortable, room clean, lobby and courtyard attractive, restaurant decent. Our biggest issues were with service. Hotel was full and our request for king room was initially not honored. After discussion, we were given a king room, but though I asked if there were any issues with this somehow empty room, it was not made clear to us that room was on ground floor immediately off of lobby. Suffice it to stay that the raucous bar scene (kind of like an aging frat boy convention) kept us up most of the night, and noise from both guests and staff woke us early. Our colleagues at the conference were given a similar room on the other side of the lobby. We both moved the next day, but not before several promises were not honored regarding when and where we'd be moved. The staff is very pleasant, but have clearly been uniformly trained in some sort of Marriot-therapy-speak: "I'm so sorry that you feel that way." "That must be very frustrating for you." Kind of grating after a while. If you choose to stay here, would strongly recommend guaranteeing a second floor room - no privacy from parking lot on the ground floor, even if you're lucky enough to be far from the lobby.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lobby and ground floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Sonny K, Director of Sales at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Entrad,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We truly appreciate your comments. Please know I have personally shared your feedback with our executive team as we continually strive to improve. We sincerely hope to see you again in the future for a business conference or personal trip.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa is a great place to stay and hold business meetings. We held a two day conference there. Nick Bobbs and his event staff were excellent. The room was nice and the food was delivered on time and was great. Everyone was very happy with the meeting place.
The hotel lobby is beautiful as are the rooms. The staff is obviously trained to give excellent service. They always greeted us as we passed them in the halls. If we needed anything, we were asked how they could help with a smile. I would like to commend the “At Your Service” staff, especially Gina, who gave me exceptional service.
The patio and pool area is really nice. The restaurant has good food and service, though we only ate there one night, since Napa is known for its cuisine. We did not use the spa or fitness facilities.
In conclusion, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Napa Valley.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Beverly B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am thrilled you had such a great experience with our meeting space and culinary options. Happy to hear Nick did such a great job for you as well - he is certainly a great asset for our hotel! I have shared your feedback with both him and our entire executive committee.

Thank you again, Beverly B. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Director of Sales & Marketing