“Great hotel & location”

Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a girls weekend in Napa. Impressed the hotel let us check in early before heading out to the wineries for the day so we could get the connecting rooms we requested. Enjoyed sitting outside in the courtyard by the fire pits before and after we went out for dinner. Also impressed the front desk took care of calling a cab for us to go to dinner. Enjoyed breakfast at the hotel the next morning. Very convenient location, comfortable rooms, friendly staff and would definitely stay again the next time in Napa.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Werner M, Front Office Manager at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear KimChappel,

We are delighted to hear that you had such a memorable time with us. We know that girl’s weekends are all about fun and relaxation. The courtyard and fire pits are truly a personal favorite of mine too; it creates such an inviting atmosphere. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My high school girlfriends like to have a weekend together at least once a year. We stayed here in March. We had a great time! The hotel is very beautiful & clean! The outside area with the fire pits and couches was a perfect place to hang out for the evening! The food at the restaurant was really good! The rooms were very nice too! Loved the beds, they were so comfortable!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank scasuga
ChefBW, Executive Chef / Food & Beverage Director at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you, Pittsburg, CA for such a great review of our Napa Valley Marriott and VINeleven, our farm-to-table restaurant. Glad you enjoyed your comfortable rooms and thrilled you found our food and atmosphere so enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had the pleasure and privilege to stay at this charming hotel. From the moment of arrival I knew this was "THE" place to be. What followed was a delightful check-in experience (I am usually a Hilton guy so staying at a Marriott placed me out of my comfort zone) because the staff was delightful. The room was spacious and super clean and I even had a special welcome amenity from the Spa team. If you can get your hands on the Spa Mint Shaving Cream -- never seen anything like it --- MUST HAVE!!!!

The restaurant was terrific and the food ( and of course lots of wine ) was second to none. The GM was always around, greeted everyone and took personal interest in his guests. One special thing to note is the vegetable chef's garden which the property features at the corner of the property line. The chef and his team lovingly care for this garden and incorporate the produce into their culinary offerings.

I left 3 days later a very happy guest, and would be happy to return to this hotel anytime. Don't stay anywhere else when in Napa region. Hats off team Napa, you are the BEST!

Room Tip: My room faced an interior garden close to the pool. It was awesome....
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Stephan,

Thank you very much for staying with us. We know you have many choices when you visit the area.

We are happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us. We pride ourselves with our friendliness and passion to serve. You are correct... the mint shaving cream is indeed a must have, it leaves behind such a refreshing feel and scent. If you are in the area anytime soon you should stop by and see our new summer garden transformation, it is quite the experience.

We hope your travels home was safe and enjoyable. We are looking forward to your next visit with us in Napa Valley.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Quick and friendly check-in. The room was clean and cozy. We stopped in at the bar the 1st night and had a great time talking with other guests. The bartender was friendly and made great drinks. The location proved to be ideal as we ventured out to many wineries in Napa Valley. The hotel also gave us a great recommendation for a car service to take us around. We highly recommend the Marriott Napa Valley and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sonny K, Director of Sales at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear T.D.,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you had an excellent experience both in our hotel and in Napa! We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and thank you again for taking the time to review our property

Cheers!

Sonny Kerstiens
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Went there for my honeymoon and my new wife´s birthday... but got the worst room in the hotel. The lady in the front desk wasn´t nice or helpful. The room we got was the handicapped room... the bathroom was terribly ugly and the water temperature from the shower was either scalding hot or freezing cold. The A/C was faulty and finally started working at around 3am. Needless to say we didnt sleep well at all.
After complaining about the terrible room we got, we were offered an additional night free of charge.... however all we got was a bottle of cheap champagne at 11:30 am (check out time was at 12)
I never expected this from a Marriott. I´m disgusted and will never ever stay at a Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PhilipRC
Shawn M, General Manager at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Phillip - Congratulations on your recent wedding, and thank you for choosing our hotel for your Napa Valley adventures. I completely understand how frustrating your experience with us must have been, as I too have been in a similar situation during my travels. On behalf of the entire Napa Valley Marriott family, I take full responsibility for your experience with us and apologize with all of my heart. We will do better. I sincerely appreciate your candid feedback regarding your stay, and all issues related to air and water temperature have been addressed in your guest room. This was valuable information to our team, and we have used it to ensure that future guests do not experience a similar situation. In addition, I have just spent time with our Front Office team to ensure they understand how important it is to thoughtfully locate guests celebrating a special occasion. We will do better in this regard as well. Congratulations again on your recent nuptials and we wish you a wonderful life together. Cheers!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed at the Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa overnight as we had booked treatments at the Preserve Spa the next day. Hotel check in was fast and the receptionist was very accommodating as we had requested two rooms and they had booked us two doubles instead of one king and a double. They were able to change one of the doubles to a king and found us connecting rooms - which worked out perfectly for us.
My king room was comfortable. Bed was heavenly and I had a relaxing sleep. The room was spacious and had a door that opened directly to the parking lot - which was convenient when we were checking out as we could load up the car easily without having to drag our bags thru the hotel hallways - but I can understand if some people would not enjoy this.
There was free wine in the afternoon - which was nice.
The concierge helped us make reservations for that night (Friday) that would allow us to accommodate everyone's dietary restrictions.
We did not see the pool or outdoor areas. But, we did have a late lunch the next day at VinEleven - food was great.
The only thing that I did not like was the fee for internet. Would I go back? Yes! Spa was great also.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Werner M, Front Office Manager at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Drusilly,

I am very happy to hear that you had such a great time with us. I am especially glad to hear that we were responsive to your needs and that we were able to accommodate your connecting room request. We want to thank you for staying with us as I am well aware of the fact that you have many choices to choose from around us. We are looking forward to your next visit in Napa Valley.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and I went to Napa for a couples getaway during a long weekend. I am a Platinum Elite with Marriott and used to great service with Marriott. This was no exception. The front desk called me ahead of my stay to confirm everything and even though they were out of upgrade able room options for my status they were on top of everything. Monica H. Took it upon herself to go over and above with her customer service for my wife and me. She knew this was a delayed anniversary related trip and surprised me with an upgrade to the Pres Suite and champagne and choco strawberries when we got back to our room. Candidly with my status I am used to upgrades (when available) but make no mistake -she did not have to go out of her way to save this room for our stay. Some people just get hospitality and service and she GETS IT. The place was packed and this was unexpected. Personally the front desk's attitude and personality really frames a property for me and this one has it down in spades. Beyond the outstanding upgrade for my stay - the grounds were great. The spa was perfect. Excellent massages! Really one of the best I've had. Everyone in our traveling party really enjoyed themselves. If this is a consideration for your stay - book it.
Thank you Monica H and the entire staff - it was a wonderful accent to our trip!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nicr1111
Werner M, Front Office Manager at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear nicr1111,

We are thrilled to hear that you had such a memorable experience with us during your stay. Monica is indeed a very talented individual that truly “gets it” and we are very fortunate to have her on our team. Thank you again for choosing us, we know that you have a wide verity of choices when you visit the area and we are looking forward to your next visit.