“Active and Vibrant Hotel”

Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Unfortunately, I did not get to this hotel until about 8 p.m.; however, despite it being off-season, the hotel bar was lively and full. Great food and drinks. Very contemporary, large, and comfortable lobby area. Great for socializing or meeting new people. The hotel rooms were also pretty nice, but not as nice as the lobby area; however, very clean and I got a nice sleep on the comfortable bed.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher level. The first floor was very loud with hallway noice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JOYSKR
Write a ReviewReviews (1,598)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is my second stay at this Marriott and in many ways it is a very typical Marriott. Good, comfortable rooms, although the bathroom of my room was so close to the front door that if the bathroom door was left open then it would get hit by the entry door. The hotel itself is worth more stars, but the customer service was lacking. They seemed to be way understaffed. Checkin took forever because they had one person working. When a second person finally came out, the first person left instead of working through the crowd and then leaving. The next morning I went to the front desk and it was the same issue. One person working and a long line. The concierge lounge for breakfast was WAY too crowded. There was not a single place to sit and there weren't enough workers keeping it clean. The food choice was way below standard. They had two things of scrambled eggs and oatmeal, pastries and cereal. No meet. Orange juice. Nothing else. The overcrowded concierge lounge seems to be a big issues with Marriott hotels anymore. It used to be they limited who they let in the lounge. Now most Marriott properties seem to let anyone in.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We would like to specially thank Blossom who is the front desk supervisor for always making our stay here at the Marriott a great experience. We have been staying at the Marriott Napa Valley many times previously and it was always an excellent experience. We always feel that Blossom is taking the extra mile to make sure that it would be a five star experience. She is super professional, kind and providing an exceptional customer service. Blossom is an example of an excellent supervisor and guide her staff to an uncompromising customer service. We would also like to thank Jeanette who is also part of the front desk team and was friendly, sweet and have a highly pleasant attitude.
Thank you!!! Great hotel, great staff!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Shawn M, General Manager at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for writing such wonderful things about Awesome Blossom! We are very lucky to have such a wonderful team at this hotel. Our goal is to treat our guests as family, and we really appreciate you staying with us. Happy New Year and have a wonderful 2014!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa 4 or 5 times and the experience is always the same -- excellent. This is a very well maintained property, but the real strength is the friendly people who work at the hotel. Free wine tasting in the lobby seven nights a week. As a Marriott frequent guest, I have access to the Concierge Lounge, which serves breakfast, evening snacks, and desserts seven days a week. Super property.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank petermeterreader

Thank you for being a regular at our hotel! Your comments are very much appreciated. I see that you are from Madison, WI, and I hope that you are staying warm. Hopefully you were able to procure a few bottles of Napa red for those wintry nights. Cheers to you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Comfortable courtyard level Marriott but with some regional touches that set it apart. Loved the wine tasting in the lobby and the attached spa. The staff, however, makes it a five star experience. The manager, Blossom, leads from the floor. You'll find her mingling with guests and handling even the smallest of issues efficiently. Jake at the front desk refunded my in room WiFi charge at my word that I'd made a Yelp check-in, which I had. He did so immediately and pleasantly. The staff in the concierge lounge was attentive and very accommodating. I asked to bring a plate from the complimentary continental breakfast up to the room for my girlfriend who slept in and I was given a tray with mini salt and pepper shakers. That was more than expected. The whole staff seemed genuinely warm, welcoming and concerned about customer service.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I used Marriott points to stay at the Napa Valley Marriott. I was attending a memorial service and this hotel was conveniently located to the spot where I needed to be. My son and I shared a room, and when we finally made it to the check in counter after a LONG and emotional day, I mentioned to the young may checking us in that we had to get up at 3:00 am for our flight that day. After showing us on the resort map where our room would be located at, I was incredulous to see that it would be facing the highway. I JUST mentioned how tired we were - clearly he either didn't care or didn't pay any attention. I then said that I spent 35,000 points on this room and I would like to stay in one where the road noise is minimal. Well, that ended up being the least of our concerns. Before we got to our room, we had to experience the disgusting elevator (only one) and the terrible pillows once we got there. We saw one outside of someone else's door, and my son commented "that pillow apparently sucks". It did.

The weekend we were there (December 7, 2013), it was unseasonably cold in Napa. I turned the heater up but had to get out of bed in the middle of the night to completely TURN OFF the heater as it woke me up every two minutes it seems when it kicked on. It was ridiculously loud. In the morning, the room was 60 degrees since I couldn't sleep with the heater on. I haven't had an experience this bad in a long. time.

The hotel also has paper thin walls, we heard any and all noises in the room next door, and they were not even loud. Be also aware of disrespectful partyers. The hotel had it seems, several Christmas parties going on and people walking to their rooms apparently thought they owned the place. i was not happy.

The parking lot, due to the above-mentioned Christmas parties was very tight, we had to park quite a ways away. There is no designated parking for guests vs. just visitors.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mezso
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This Marriott has much to say for it. A super friendly and helpful staff including wonderful concierge group that made great suggestions about wineries. Room was good with comfortable seating, good lighting, and good bath (including storage space). Clean and well kept up. There is a wine tasting from a local winery each evening from 5-6, but the two wineries we experienced did not impress us. We were able to use the concierge lounge and this was really good since the lobby area (which is also the bar and restaurant area) tended to get rather loud in the evenings. The food and ambiance in the concierge lounge, however, was very nice and the included breakfast very good. The location of the hotel, right off 29, is very convenient for both Napa and Sonoma wine tasting. Fitness room is good, with a sufficient number of machines to get a good workout. There is an associated spa but I did not check that out.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple