“Friendly staff and clean rooms”

Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed May 31, 2011

While it was inconvenient to have to go outside to get the front desk (as their lobby was not open yet), the staff was very helpful and friendly and did their best considering it was a tough weekend with horrible weather, construction and being sold out. We had a problem with the heater (it was a very cold weekend) and the manager on duty tried to fix it and explained that he did not have another room vacant to move us to. However, he made sure we had enough blankets, the next day made sure a portable heater was placed in our room, and gave us complimentary breakfast for our family. It would have been nice to have our heater working and have access to the lobby, but things happen and at least the management and staff acknowledged the issues and were helpful and friendly throughout a very stressful weekend! The concierge lounge had some great food and was well worth it. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa

Reviewed April 26, 2011

First time at this Marriott but have been to several... I especially loved this one just because of the customer service being superb.. from the front desk to the housekeeping & concierge . Grounds was beautiful, our room was immaculate not a single thing to complain. There was a construction but was never a problem. I almost did not notice until they mentioned upon check-in.

We are use to timeshare with all the amenities & cool stuff for kids so we were a little worried about picking this hotel after reading a few of the negative reviews. Good thing i followed my instinct because none of the negative reviews I ever encountered. My daughter loved the pool.. I think she was the only one that ever used it the whole time we were there. Was a little chilly but the pool is heated. Concierge lounge was a plus! we were there a lot...We loved the breakfast, appetizers & the desserts. Oh & the unlimited coffee & sodas. So make sure upgrade to concierge level. Place is close to everything.

Everyone we encountered were friendly made us felt welcome considering I think we were the only young couple in the hotel with a little girl. They made our stay memorable.

Thank you Napa Marriott for that!

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dalluv
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We stayed a week at this hotel and thought it was great. Regarding the negative reviews that mention it being only 2 stories, near a busy shopping center and a busy road, this is California we're talking about. The above "complaints" are what you find at most hotels in California. So don't blame the Marriott.

The staff, as typical with virtually every Marriott I've stayed at (I'm gold elite level) was friendly and efficient. The pool area was nice. Ate once in the hotel restaurant and the food was quite good. The concierge room had a good variety of food and had more vegetarian options than most Marriott concierge rooms.

We just loved the large trees in the courtyard. They provided great ambiance. We had a courtyard view room on the side of the hotel and couldn't hear any noise from the road at all.

We almost didn't stay at this hotel because of the negative comments here.. Glad we went ahead and stayed. yes there was some construction going on but it wasn't obtrusive.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank remorw
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Got a good rate on priceline bidding for a 3 nights stay at the hotel.

Location was very good and also very close for a stop on by to the Hendry vineyard. It's not exactly ideal if you want to stay in Downtown Napa as that's still a 2 mile drive but it's right near highway 29 for an easy path up through Napa Valley.

The staff was extraordinarily friendly from check in to the maids. Everyone was willing to do their part and help throughout the experience.

Some of the best things were the room layout and the bed. The standard rooms also have a shared balcony. The gym is excellent although a bit of a walk from other parts of the hotel and provides treadmills, ellipticals, bicycles, free and machine weights.

Some of the drawbacks was the lack of water pressure and hot water in the shower and the walls being so thin to the point you can full on hear the conversation next door. Would recommend bringing earplugs.

The construction was not noisy but I did notice some loose nails around the parking lot so just be cautious when driving around.

I would stay here again considering the value of service the staff puts in and the cheaper cost of staying here.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2011

This is the first of three Marriot hotels we stayed at during a trip to California. This hotel has beautiful room and grounds, and was well set up for the conference my husband was attending. The only strikes I have is that it makes a slightly too south home base for exploring wine country and also that Marriot seems to understaff its hotel restaurants. Overall a good choice.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank phillytraveler71
Reviewed March 16, 2011

After reading the reviews on the hotel, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Check in was extremely quick and I was given access to the conceige lounge. My room was located on the back of the hotel so there was no road noise. A friend of mine was delayed in getting to Napa and the concierge was kind enough to leave a message at the French Laundry for me cancelling her dinner for the next night. Traveling alone (unexpectedly) the lounge was a nice place to visit with other guests. At breakfast the conceirge suggested a plan for my day complete w/ maps etc. There was a nice evening happy hour with wine when I returned. A morning of rain turned into a spa day at the hotel. I had read a review about Mercer who worked at the spa. Luckily, when I called that morning Mercer was available and he was wonderful. I changed my massage from 50 to 80 minutes. I wasn't aware that the spa had specials but it was too late to take advantage of these so check them out when you check in. I was the only person at the spa so took advantage of all the ammenities. There is also a day use fee available to hotel guests. Staff great even when they got very busy with the Napa Marathon (they were the check in place for the race). Room was comfy except I could work the thermostat.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Decent hotel in lower Napa Valley.....A step up from a Holiday Inn but definitely not 4-star luxury. No views or ambience....but rooms are new and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends