“Great staff, location.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Port Huron, MI
“Great staff, location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon. Romantic setting, attentive staff and a great location. Close to local restaurants and access to 29 and the silverrado trail. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stoecdo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Greenville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

The service is amazing, the rooms are great, the catering options (for business functions) are limited, but the things that are offered are exquisite.

The desk staff remember your name, and the housekeepers do an amazing job. And, if you're doing a "group" function (we had about 40 participants), Karen and Lisa are delightful to work with. When it's our group's time to return to Napa, I will definitely recommend that we go to Napa River Inn!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Bay Area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

First the pluses - great location in a historic hotel in downtown Napa within walking distance of restaurants. Comfortable bed. Nice spa toiletries. Caledon in house restaurant was good with friendly service. Sweetie Pie's for breakfast was certainly a different hotel type of breakfast and was very good.

Be aware that the rooms vary greatly and if you luck out and get a nice large room with no one on either side of you it will be a good stay. We arrived on Dec. 21st for two nights when I would guess the hotel was about 20% occupied. Our friends had arrived the day before and after turning down a room in the Embarcadero Bldg. got a room above the reception area and it was lovely. We asked to be in the same building but got told that was not an option, weren't offered the option to upgrade, and we got put in the Embarcadero buidling. The room was very small, hardly room to turn around, one window overlooking a parking lot, and paper thin walls which was my main complaint. We could hear the conversation in the next room, that night I mentioned this to the front desk but wasn't offered a change of room. The next night they found it necessary to put someone on the other side of us, our headboards must of shared a wall for I could hear everything going on in their room until late at night. I got our paper the next morning at 6:45 AM and looking up and down the hall I only saw 3 papers and you guessed it, ours and the rooms on either side of us. I'm not sure why they couldn't space guests out except maybe it is easier for the maids. Our friends in the main building noticed the
same lack of papers up and down their hall.

When we checked in we were told we didn't get breakfast because we had booked through hotels.com and we felt like we were given the worst room in the inn because of this. No turndown service the first night. With the low occupancy rate they should have been happy to have the two rooms booked by our party no matter how we booked.

1 Thank grandmahiker
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

Napa River Inn is both charming and comfortable. Spacious rooms and amenities are nice. Get a historic room if possible, it's well worth it. Rooms were well insulated (very little neighborly noise), had fireplaces and spacious bathrooms. Only drawback was one of our shower heads was not working properly. Not a big deal, there were two! This location is great because it's right in downtown Napa and nestled within the hotel is one of the most amazing bakery/cafes you will ever go to, Sweetie Pies!

2 Thank FoodTravelerAZ
Monterey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2009

Napa River Inn is always a great place to stay. My expectations are met or exceeded everytime and the staff is so friendly & professional. Being a Napa native I love staying in a place that was a familiar building to me as a child but has been renovated so impressively. Best location if you are wanting to enjoy downtown.

3 Thank Monterey77
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2009

This hotel is consistently a relaxing weekend. The rooms are wonderfully situated on the Napa River. They have 2 wonderful restaurants on property, a general store, wine store, and jazz club. I've yet to partake of the jazz club (because I travel with my dog) but the performers I know from other clubs, and they are well worth while.

If you want a relaxing vacation without much of the fuss of driving to and fro the Silverado Trail, you can walk to downtown, enjoy the riverfront and some fabulous meals right within the hotel complex. We also had a great massage at the spa associated with the hotel.

Breakfast is served promptly at your time desired, and one of the best yet features, is a relaxing noon checkout time.

If you want to enjoy the hotel, relaxing by the fireplace, great and attentive service and just not fuss with going too far, this hotel has every ammenity you could possibly desire. This is my 3rd stay...excellent each time.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SassySicilian
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

I was surprised to see the previous review, as I too, booked a conference for 25 of my top customers. I was thrilled with everything about this hotel from the service, the rooms, and especially the food. The sales and catering staff were extremely flexible on attrition and cancellatioin (unlike most corporate hotels I work with) which was important to me as I was unable to guarantee exactly how many would show up. We worked together to provide an exceptional experience for my clients. We LOVED Silo's and the complimentary wine hour. We will definately be back.

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank archdude
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#1 of 6 in Yountville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,024 reviews

Been to Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill? Share your experiences!