My mother and I were having a big celebratory trip to San Francisco and Napa in October, we decided to book the Napa River Inn as a bit of a treat for the last weekend after reading the reviews below and the website where the hotel is described as a premier luxury hotel. This was certainly not the case! To list but a few of the problems and awful service we received:
- We arrived to find that despite requesting a room with 2 double beds (and choosing this hotel largely because this was an option), all such rooms had already been assigned and all they could offer us was a camp bed.
- the camp bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on and gave me back pain (at the age of 25!)
- The original room was so small that once the camp bed had been set up you had to climb over both beds to get to the door.
- the second room we were given looked out on the car park. We we were woken up early each morning and through the night by cars, music from a wine bar nearby and people chatting as the windows were not double glazed.
- we could hear every movement in the room above.
- all the TV provided was pay TV as the free TV service was up available the whole weekend we stay. We expected to at least be able to get the news.
- the heating system did not work.
- and finally just to finish this epic stay off, we came home on the Saturday night to a strong smell of rotten eggs in the hallway and rooms, and we were informed by the receptionist that someone had probably set off a stink bomb in the building. A perfect end to our stay.
All in all we loved napa but for £250 a night this was over priced for a hotel which was more holiday inn than luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill is the perfect central location in Downtown Napa! Just one hour north of San Francisco, experience Napa Valley charm, luxury, and convenience at this romantic Napa Valley historic hotel, nestled in the heart of Napa Valley wine country. Established in 1884 by Captain Albert Hatt, the Historic Napa Mill, a registered Historic Landmark, boasts live entertainment, fine dining, wine tasting, spa, and shops. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, this downtown Napa historic inn will surprise and delight. Explore all of the attractions near the Napa River Inn, including: restaurants, wine tasting, shops, galleries, and the Wine Train. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Hotel Napa
- Napa River Hotel
- Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Napa Valley, CA