“Nice, clean, budget friendly”
Review of Wine Valley Lodge

Wine Valley Lodge
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Eureka, California
“Nice, clean, budget friendly”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is a nice, neat and clean hotel. The first thing I noticed when we checked in is that the grounds are very neat and clean. There is a nice little area where you can sit under a shade umbrella. The pool area was neat and clean as well. The staff was friendly. Everything in the room worked like it should and was decorated nicely. The complimentary breakfast was better than I thought it would be. Instead of just the usual oatmeal and some fruit and muffins, this hotel has both hot and cold cereal, bread, bagels and danishes for toasting. Breakfast sandwiches that can be microwaved, a selection of juices and a great coffee machine with several flavors of coffee. The pool was too warm for my preference, but that is the only thing "wrong" with my stay. I will be staying there every time I go to Napa.

Room Tip: All the rooms are non-smoking but there are chairs and ash trays outside of the rooms, so I do not t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Nice place to rest during our drive around Northern California.
The location was ideal for our planned route and is placed close to local restaurants which are a short drive or walk through the local residential area.
Reasonable priced stay. I would recommend it to anyone stopping to visit the vineyards.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Lovely motel-style accommodation.
Large room, very clean.

Helpful reception staff.
Good selection at breakfast (self-service continental).
Good in-room wifi.

Swimming pool & gardens - didn't use the pool though.

Located about a mile out of Napa town, so have to drive to anything/everything (but an easy drive).

Would recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

My title sums it up- great place to stay, and the very reaosnable price (especially compared to the very high prices rest of the napa/sonoma area). My wife and I stayed at about 12 different motel/hotels on a road trip and this was one of the best places we stayed- location-wise and room quality. Breakfast was also nice and all we needed. Will be back for sure.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Nessy18
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Nice to okay place. Good location. But....it's need of some cleaning. Carpets filthy. Shower had mold which is gross. No shower door handle latch so it didn't shut all the way. No towel racks. Nice big flat screen tv. micro and refrig. Bed was comfortable. Only one chair in a double queen room. No table. Breakfast was suitable. We got the last room available at the end where the garbage bin was located next to the room. We were rudely awaken at 6:45a.m. from the garbage truck. A/C worked good, not too noisy. Not worth the money they charged us.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My Hubby and I went to Napa with another couple to see the Lewis Black show. We were only going to be staying one night, and frankly after dinner and cocktails during the show, we were not looking for a "luxury" place to stay. I procured our reservations on Travelocity, so I was not sure where we were staying until the reservation was confirmed. Once confirmed I immediately checked Tripadvisor, I noticed that the review trend was on the "upswing" and breathed a sigh of relief. Our friends arrived at the hotel first and were told they could not check in until I got there. No problem, off they went in search of a glass of wine in town. When we arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by a lady who was efficient, but slightly "edgy". She applauded my arrival as if she had waited all day for me (I was no more than 15 mins behind my friends). I gave her my credit card for incidentals and was then asked if I had any plans to damage hotel property. "Uh, no. No plans to damage...". Perhaps that was just her sense of humor, but a strange way to be greeted nonetheless. Honestly from there on out the place was just what our Doctor ordered: clean rooms, easy parking, small well kept BBQ area and pool, and a little "nosh" in the morning = continental breakfast. Why not 5 stars? Our friend's room had a TV with a fuzzy picture, so they really couldn't watch it. If I'm headed to Napa on another "quickie" trip I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Parmsbuddy
Napa, California
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

The small room smelled, well, odd. It wasn't entirely urine, but it wasn't entirely cleaning products, it was somewhere in between. A couple hours of the windows being left open solved most of the scent problem.

The heavy equipment yard next to the motel pumps very loud noises into the open windows however, so there's that.

Stayed July 2014