“Amazing gem of a hotel”
Review of Wine Valley Lodge

Wine Valley Lodge
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I booked two rooms at this hotel last week based on the recommendations of previous reviews. They had it nailed. Simple rooms that were clean and comfortable at a price that was exceptional with wonderful friendly and helpful staff. They recommended Hogg Island Oyster Company for dinner and it simply made the day. The cheese shop across the “mall” was a great extra.

I like nice “mom & pop” establishments, and this is one of them.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank John L

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Booked this online and you never know what you are going to get. However, was happy with my room and the service. The lady at the desk was wonderful to talk with and very friendly. She hooked me up with a free appetizer at a nice local place. You can reach many of the wineries with less than a 20 minute drive.
If you want all the amenities of the $300/night places, this is not the place. If you want a nice clean place to lay your head then this is your place. I will be back next time I am in Napa.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Gregory S
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here a year ago for a wedding and to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. When we arrived in the late evening, we were greeted by a friendly woman who asked us about our stay. When she found out that it was our anniversary, she gave us coupons for local restaurants and wineries. She preceded to tell us some great places to go and was just so welcoming. The room was simple, clean, and very affordable. We definitely have plans to go back to Napa and will be staying here again when we do. I can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tanya V
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I needed to make a last minute reservation in Napa for business and booked a room here. The Wine Valley lodge is a very good value, is a clean and comfortable property in a safe location. I called the motel directly and they matched the Expedia price. The reservation and check in process was pleasant and personable. The property is located on the fringe of residential housing, and also is close to a couple of strip malls. It is a straight shot to the downtown area (about 1 mile), which features some excellent restaurants and interesting boutique shops. My only complaint was that the room was very cold (in January), and it took quite a while to warm up. As in many motels, the heater unit is located directly below the window, and the heat tends to shoot straight up into the double layer curtains. I tied the outer layer into a knot to help keep the curtains out of the way...not exactly solving the problem but keeping more of the heat directed towards the room instead of the chilly window. Perhaps they could supply some clips to help with this problem? Other than that, the room was spotless and my stay was comfortable. The ownership obviously takes pride in the interior and exterior, as the landscaping and overall appearance was very neat and tidy, and appealing. I didn't partake in breakfast, so no comment there... When departing, a friendly woman quickly greeted me as I handed in the room keys. Call me old fashion, but I appreciate a safe, clean and comfortable lodge, WITH caring and personable service. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I requested a room away from the street...it was perfectly quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CubsWillRock
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were very happy with this choice. We were searching for something inexpensive to stay in... we were not looking for a honeymoon suite! Read the reviews on the Motel 6, and they were not flattering! So we took a shot at this place. Beche (Becky) at the front desk was extremely helpful, and told us which 'seating' we wanted on the Napa Wine train, and called to switch it for us. (The last seating is the best). The parking lot was emasculate, no butts, trash, nothing. Rooms were clean and updated. It appears they try to leave an empty room space between rooms. Very quiet... so we decided to stay there again in late december... was still wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dranger
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Visited Napa for a few days and looked for a budget accommodation, as I rather spend money on good wine than on a pricey hotel :). Found Wine Valley Lodge that was strategically at the right place and budget wise just perfect. it has good ratings on Tripadvsior, so I booked.

The rooms are clean and taken care of. The cleaning service did a very good job and it was like coming into a "new room". I enjoyed that very much :)

Breakfast is simple but adequate for the price. due to the cold weather and the unheated breakfast facilities, most guest to their breakfast back to their room.

The front desk was friendly and and helpful. No complains. Internet worked well and jsut fast enough.

So - if you prefer to have good wine and average accommodation, the WVL ist the perfect place to go! Whenever I visit Napa and it's wineries again, this will be my first choice. I have stayed in other Lodges outside of Napa and was not satisfied with the services there as I was at WVL!

On suggestion I have to the management: Keep on investing in your facilities!! Something need to be looked into and renovated!

Room Tip: Though my room was facing the main road, it was quiet. I did not hear the cars or the traffic.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Anthony W
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I was very pleased with everything about this Lodge. The rooms were very clean and the bed and furnishings were very Nice. The breakfast was handy. I can see the location might be a minus for some but I was working at the marina, and it worked for me.
I really liked the way the Lodge was layed out with a courtyard with plenty of off-street parking.

• Stayed: December 2012