“don't stay here”
Review of Wine Valley Lodge

Wine Valley Lodge
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed January 26, 2008

I could say you get with you pay for with this one, but that wouldn't be fare. I have stayed in some pretty cheap places to save a buck, and have been able to sleep through the night.
This is Napa, consider the idea that you may have just had the worst night sleep of your life, and now you are supposed to go out and drink wine all day long. The idea of doing this today, makes me nautious at this very moment. The hotel is along a highway so you hear cars passing by all night. The walls are paper thin, so when the neighbors came home at 2 am, of course we heard it all. The window in the bathroom doesn't lock which had me up waiting for an intruder. And the bed is soo hard and uncomforable that I would wake up ever two hours to 'flip' b.c my entire body would be numb. When people say that this bed is uncomfortable and is like sleeping on concrete, they are not kidding. I now am left with the most horrible night sleep of my life, a headache and I have no urge to 'enjoy' Napa whatso ever. I think if I even smell wine today I will get sick. Please Please Please don't be so cheap as to stay here, you will not be able to enjoy the rest of your trip. Spend $20 more dollars and get a decent night sleep so you can enjoy your vacation. This stay has taught me that being this cheap will never pay to do again. This has ruined my vacation completely. If I wanted to be exhausted when I come back to work on Monday I could just have stayed home done the laundry and cleaned my house.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Wine Valley Lodge

Reviewed January 3, 2008

We went to Napa Valley last May and stayed at the Wine Valley Lodge based on reviews on this site. It was near the major thoroughfare, clean, and cheap - everything we wanted and nothing we didn't. We wanted to spend our money on good food and wine, and the Wine Valley Lodge was a great value. We're planning a return trip this May and already have a room booked.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tucsonlawstudent
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Picture a 1950's single-story next-to-the-highway drive-up-to-your-front-door motel, and that's the Wine Valley Lodge. The room was small, and the bed wasn't super-soft, but the amenities were modern and it looked like the place has been renovated since the 1950's (and since the 1970's, even). Sure, there was a little mold in the shower cracks and a stray hair here and there, but overall, it was clean... and only $50 a night. Free breakfast including do-it-yourself-waffles in a small room nearby. There's a courtyard in the middle with a pool; looks like a good post-wine-tasting hangout for the summertime.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank E-TripCalifornia
Reviewed December 25, 2007

My husband and I booked our room at this hotel because of the other reviews on this website. When we went to our room there were ants all over the floor so we complained and then they gave us another room. The next room we stayed in had worms in the shower. We complained again and they were very rude and unprofessional. They finally let us leave with a refund but they acted like I placed the worms there. Please save yourself time and hassle, don't ever stay here!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank traveling13
Reviewed December 20, 2007

This is a clean, cheap, easily accesable and perfectly good place to stay for the price.

By saying that I do not wish to retract from the place itself, I have stayed in far better but have had to pay a lot more to do so, its clean, comfortable the staff where friendly and the breakfast was straight forward but fine and adequate, by the time we had sampled several bottles of what napa is famous for we slept fine, the bed was comfy, the area quiet, plenty of parking.

I liked it!

In short a bargain and if your on a budget you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2007

We stayed for one night on November 3rd, which was plenty. Check in was easy, and the front desk person was very friendly and even offered dining recommendations. The room itself was very clean, TV worked just fine (even had HBO!), and the bathroom was small, but also just fine. For the price ($80 for one night with a king bed), this was a bargain. Our only issue was the bed was unbelievably hard. Not firm, I mean rock hard. Laying in it, I could trace the individual metal coils in the mattress with my fingers, and the bed just did not give at all. It was like sleeping on a concrete floor. In the morning, we both had red marks on our skin from where we contacted the mattress. Maybe if we brought a foam bed pad it would have been a bit more bearable. I'm sure this would be great for those who are very young and have flexible spines. I'm "only" 40 and in good health, but maybe I'm just too old to sleep on something as hard as the floor.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank #1 Bay Area Traveler
Reviewed November 3, 2007

We stayed at the Wine Valley Lodge for 3 nights beginning our all girls birthday vacation. We got in around 1 a.m. and there was someone ready and waiting for our arrival. The lodge was easy to find and in a quiet area. It is very quaint and 5 minutes from downtown if driving. There were 3 of us in one room and there was plenty of space. The beds were extremely comfortable!! The room was very simple but just perfect for what we were looking for. The price was just right and they have a great little breakfast building with make- it- yourself waffles, danishes, fruit, cereal, toast, oj and a fantastic coffee machine that makes great mochas. The staff was accommodating and friendly. If you're looking for a place that is quaint, comfortable and affordable this is the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends