“Pleasantly suprised!”
Review of Ivy Hotel Napa

Ivy Hotel Napa
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed July 26, 2011

This wasn't my first choice for making reservations but it turned out to be very nice! Rooms newly remodeled, a little funky. Clean and great location. Very nice breakfast.
I don't, however, recommend the Mexican restaurant next door.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Ivy Hotel Napa

Reviewed July 20, 2011

I was very warmly greeted by the front desk staff upon checking in. We were two hours early but they had our room ready to go with no problems. Very good service from the staff. The property and rooms have been completely redone. There is only slight evidence of the original building in a door or railing here and there. It looks great and is very modern. The renovations appear to be complete, we saw no signs of construction. Basically ingore any reivews of this hotel prior to April or May 2011. It's essentially a new properlt.

We had a single king room and liked the layout, there were nice windows and a couple big comfortable sitting chairs. The bed was comfortable but not the best ever. The bathroom was stylish and functional. The small fridge worked well and was not noisy. The pool looked nice and was enjoyed by other guests but we did not use it. I used the free wi-fi a few times and it worked well with no setup issue.
The best thing was the how nice a hotel this was for price - especially for it being Napa. Compared with the rest of the Napa hotels this place ranges from being a bargain to a complete steal!. We had more free cash to eat great food and buy wine! The location is also great right off highway 29 at the north end of the city of Napa. It's 5 minutes from downtown Napa and about 8 minutes from Yountville (when there is no traffic!).
Overall we had a great experience at the Ivy Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DG_Allen
Reviewed July 8, 2011

The Best Western Ivy was great. All the rooms have been recently renovated and it shows. The staff are extremly friendly. The pool was great after a day of wine tasting, all the outdoor furniture is very nice. As an added bonus there is free breakfast. The breakfast bar was crowded, but the staff made sure everything was refilled as needed.

I would definitley recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank nyckala
Reviewed July 2, 2011

When I first saw Best Western, I questioned how nice this place could really be. It was that nice and more! The decorations were modern, artsy, and adorable. The room was spacious and had a bar area with a refrigerator. The staff was extremely knowledgeable about the area. The breakfast was a great addition each morning. There is an outside seating area with comfortable picnic tables and lounge seating for meals. The pool and hot tub was great. The location was perfect. It was minutes from downtown Napa. It was located right off of the main highway that leads to all of the Napa county wineries. You are just a couple of miles from the beginning of all the wineries. Made tastings and tours, then running back to the hotel for a mid-day breather perfect. Would definitely stay there next time we go back!

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the pool for less noise
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hollypyatt
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed a weekend to attend a wedding. Location of hotel is closed to the wedding site and they are less expensive than most highly rated local hotels. Front desk clerks and Hotel GM , Jeff, were extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was crowded, and breakfast area is a bit too small for the number of rooms and guests they have However quality of the food was very good and they also excellent coffee. Rooms have been remodeled, but I don't like the decor they picked. All in all, it is an acceptable hotel for the money I spent.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is the first review I have felt compelled to write on Tripadvisor. I am not a complainer and have never felt like it was required. But, with the amount of money that was spend and the amount other travelers will spend to not be able to sleep here warrants it.
Below is the email that I sent to Best Western after staying there. I have never spent a night on a more uncomfortable bed in my life. I travel extensively for both business and pleasure and have never encoutered anything like it. It was the topic of conversation with the front desk personnel and the breakfast crowd each morning we were there. The workers knew it was a problem and an obvious frequent complaint.

Contents of email:

I am writing in regards to stay at the Best Western Premier Ivy in Napa, CA. I stayed there from the 26th of May to the 30th. This was a birthday getaway that my girlfriend put together for her and I. I was utterly disappointed by your hotel. After spending our wine trip last year in Sonoma at the Best Western we were very excited to find a Premier property to stay at in Napa. It proved to be an awful decision. Neither of us were able to get more than a few hours of sleep a night due to the beds that you use in this hotel. When I spoke to the front desk personnel about I the morning after our first night stay they were extremely apologetic. They told us that they get this complaint almost constantly but that all the beds are the same, and unfortunately uncomfortable. There was no other room that we could move to in order to escape the ridiculously uncomfortable beds. At the breakfast area that first morning it was the general nature of conversation amongst several of the parties there. Being memorial day weekend there were no other options for us to move to a different hotel.
The fact that you charge what I paid for that vacation for the experience you deliver is beyond reprehensible. It is not the staffs fault that a clear problem is present that the owners of this property choose to ignore. I am sure they have been put in multiple awful situations due to this. I did not take my frustration out on them, as I know it was not their decision to buy these beds. I was absolutely disgusted by our experience at your property. Both of us ended up sleeping in the chairs in the room the last night to avoid the bed. That is not how I wanted to spend a very expensive romantic birthday weekend trip. We spent over a thousand dollars at your property and even more for a great trip that was largely dampened due to your choice of a few dollars over your guest experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KInVegas
Reviewed June 6, 2011

They did a phenomenal job with the remodel. Design aesthetics aside, the bedding was nice. The shower was hot with great water pressure. You can even make your own waffle in the morning for breakfast. The location alone is very convenient to all the vienyards. You can get to Yountville in a few minutes.

Eveyrone on the staff is really helpful and friendly. Every single person greeted us with a smile and a Hello. The only items out of the ordinary were 1) the lack of an alarm clock and 2) the doors that SLAM shut if you are not careful.

All in all, save your money to buy more wine and stay here!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple