It's quite hard to give this hotel only 3*'s (Average) as it is one of the best hotels in the Napa area. True it's not in the heart of Napa yet it's right off Hwy. 29 which is very convenient. We stayed at the Embassy Suites Napa a few years ago, and decided to return due to having to use up airline points. We can't fault the staff as the front desk were efficient and helpful as were the breakfast attendants.
However, the hotel room sure could use a major update. The decor is outdated, the sofa hasn't got much support, the shower and toilet are clean but need to be updated. Worse were the floppy bed pillows which frankly did not smell clean. Also the bathroom has just two tiny hooks attached to the door. There were no towel racks anywhere! They only provide a tiny hutch to place the clean, folded towels. Where do they expect the guests to do with them once they use them?? They could have attached some racks on the shower walls against the opposite side of the shower like many chain hotels do. It is very impractical and quite irritating to not have anything but those two itty bitty hooks. Speaking of the bathroom door it's weird. It's not a regular door but a swinging sort of door though it's complete. It's not appropriate. Thus, there is no lock on the door since it's in two pieces. Hopefully whomever you share the room with will not open the door on you accidentally.
In addition, the rooms have very little insulation so one can hear the neighbors' noises from talking to slamming of their doors. The rooms we've had on both visits face the pool where the walkway to the rooms are wooden so when the guests walk and drag luggage on it the noise is quite apparent in the rooms. The windows facing the front of the hotel/street are thin and should really be replaced as the noise can be heard in the room.
In short, this is a well-located hotel for the wine country and beyond, but it appears that the hotel management haven't made all that many updates over the years. And while the location is probably the main selling point for the hotel, they do charge some seriously high rates, and truly the hotel ought to make the necessary updates to justify charging so much and not rely on location alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic town of Napa, near world- renowned wineries and home to celebrity chefs, the Embassy Suites Napa Valley is a Mediterranean style property built around an interior courtyard and millpond. A three story building, this charming property offers 205 spacious suites, two swimming pools, sauna, whirlpool, gift shop, restaurant, and lounge. Complimentary full breakfast and beverage reception make this a great choice for anyone looking for hidden value in the Napa Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Napa Valley
- Napa Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Napa Valley CA