“Excellent Embassy Suites Experience”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I'm not typically a huge Embassy Suites fan, but this was one of the most pleasant hotel experiences I've had in a while. The hotel has been recently renovated, so the grounds are beautiful and the rooms are new and clean. No obnoxious resort fee either, which is always a plus. The manager's reception was an 'A,' with people taking entire bottles of decent wine back to their tables. The pool and hot tub were very pleasant, and the breakfast was plentiful and very good. I also liked the fact that while there was no on-site fitness center, they provide you with free access to a local health club, which was a big step up from a hotel ftiness center. While I imagine that road noise could be an issue on the side of the hotel facing the highway, we were on the other side, overlooking the main entrance and gardens, which was very pleasant. It's walkable to downtown Napa and 2 minutes from the Premium Outlets, so the location was perfect for my family. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: August 2007
Write a ReviewReviews (2,230)

Reviewed July 22, 2007

Hotel is located right off the Highway 29 - can be a plus or minus. For my stay it was plus and easy access to downtown Napa. The hotel does not have a shuttle, but there is a free local trolley. Hotel is standard Embassy, some new renovated rooms and some older rooms, nice evening reception, standard Embassy breakfast with horrible food (I guess some people like it), pool area could be more centeralized and larger - would make it more of a resort. One major draw back is there is no restroom in the lobby. It's a long walk to the restaurant/meeting room to use a bathroom. If you are planning on running in after a long drive to use the facilities, expect a hike and it seems to be the only public restroom on the whole property. Beds are great. Unless you have a flat-screen in your room, the tv's are very old. Overall the hotel is ok, nothing special, but not bad. If the price is right I would stay again, if not go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2007

Stayed two nights with reward points with a family of 4 for a brief tour of wine country between visits to San Francisco and Yosemite. As the website pictures suggested, this property is quite unusual for Embassy Suites in that it is highly themed and memorable. The inner courtyards have bilevel ponds, swans, extensive landscaping, etc. Beautiful, beautiful. Lobby area was equally pleasant (check out the cool turtle footrests).

Room was up to normal Embassy standards - nothing more or less.

Cocktail reception was better than some Embassy's - cheese, olives, salsa and chips, veggies and dip. Don't spoil your appetite for dinner!

Breakfast was also standard Embassy (although some others have more open access to things like bacon/sausage/etc - here all the hot stuff is served by the omlette/egg cooker).

As for a GREAT place to eat in Napa, try Zuzu. It was by far the highlight of our 10 day California trip. A tapas place. Fried cheese was yummy. Dip your bread in the sauce that comes with the shrimp; you won't be able to stop. Baby lamb chops - amazing. I'm getting hungry . . .

As for earlier posts:

- agree that the wierd double doors to the bathroom are annoying, but we got used to it.

- freeway noise? We didn't hear a thing.

Embassy Suites Napa is a great place to base your wine country sightseeing.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2007

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Napa for three nights in July of 2006 and we were very satisfied with the location and also the amenities there. The cocktail receptions and breakfasts were very good and the courtyard and lobby areas were top notch. The lobby had a computer with free Internet access even though several teenagers monopolized the PC for most of the time I spent in the lobby. We used the Embassy Suites as a base for our Wine Country exploits (Wine Train, Hot Air Ballooning, wine tastings and tours) and we were not disappointed. The rooms were roomy and comfortable but the only bad mark (and it's a big bad mark) is for the God awful twin louver doors to the bathroom. The doors wouldn't close or open easily and the noise in doing so was not befitting a hotel of this caliber. I realize that the room layouts prevented the use of full size swing out doors but some other door design (pocket door?) could have been used. When you pay the rates they charge, you feel a better design effort could have been made on their part.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2007

Very good hotel, friendly staff and a good room, breakfast was complimentary and good, every day from 17.00 till 19.00 managers reception with free drinks ( also liqueurs) and snacks
Only the thin walls are not that nice, next to our room we had a man or woman who makes a lot of noise in there sleep and we could hear that very loud en clear.
But next time when we visit Napa we stay there again and take some earplugs with us.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2007

They should name this hotel Freeway Noise Suites instead of Embassy Suites. My husband and I went to Napa for a cozy weekend and ended up sleeping in separate beds. The hotel is right off the main freeway so all the rooms with king sized beds are on the backside of the hotel, next to the freeway. You feel as if you are sleeping on the freeway. You look out your window and you see the freeway and you will be listening to it all night long. I thought we would have peace and quite amongst the vineyards in Napa, but not at this hotel you wont. After our first night of no sleep, our only option was to switch to the other side of the hotel and sleep in a double. That was quite a kabash on a romantic weekend with my husband, sleeping in separate beds.

My advice would be to stay in a quiet B&B away from the freeway and main town area. My advice is to skip this hotel and go stay in a cozy B&B in Napa. I would only recommend this hotel to business travelers who are alone and who carry earplugs!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2007

We just returned from a 4 night 5 day stay in Napa Valley. We really enjoyed our stay at the Embassy Suites. I did tons of research on Napa/Sonoma hotels and felt pretty good before I left. Feel confident
this hotel will not let you down. Typical to Better Embassy Suite rooms. Fantastic Service, friendly front desk and bar staff. Great courtyard with real swans! Breakfast served daily as well as the Manager's Cocktail hour (get their Sangria). Lots of variety on both.
We paid 264.00 a night, avg for Napa. I travel quite a bit with work and stay at 4 and 5 star properties, so I am picky. I would give this
property a solid 3.5 almost a 4. Quiet, clean, great atmosphere and close to downtown Napa and central to visiting alot of the wineries. Speaking of wineries: We suggest going to: Artesa (wines so so, but the view is the best in Napa), Domain Carnaros( we joined their wine club-great terrace where you overlook Carneros region, sipping champagne and having a cheese tray), Sequoia Grove (small boutique, awesome wines and a warm/fuzzy feel, and Cakebread (their wines-need I say more. Their Tour was great, you got to keep you glass, sample 5 wines and a tour for 10.00 a person). Did a private tour and tasting at Seduction Winery-(small boutique feel and just loved it), Monticello was nice and small feel. Did not care for: Hall or St Supery. We did about 10 wineries in 4 days. I highly reccommend not going to the Mondavi's/Beringers..think small boutique and you will enjoy it more. I also reccommend getting the COPIA passport for 5.00 on line. We had tons of two for one tasting coupons which my Husband was thrilled with. That passport saved us over 100.00! We also went to Muir Woods and San Fran for lunch on Memorial Day-broke up all the wine were consuming. We had a convertible so we enjoyed driving around the. I am a huge tripadvisor fan, and so far the reviews of this hotel are spot on. Enjoy your trip, we can't wait to go back and
get our wine in the mail. Cheers! Denise and Jason, Flower Mound Texas