“Great place for the money”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Seaside, United States
“Great place for the money”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We got a AAA rate of $154.oo a night. The complimentary breakfast saves you some money as well as the complimentary happy hour. I love the grounds with the ponds (and the swans) I would definately recommend this hotel. It's nice having the 2 rooms in one suite.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Spent two nights at the hotel. This is a great place to say and drink wine outside. They have Black and White swans swimming in their patio. I thought is was great they provided us a bottle of win in our room. The food (dinner and breakfast) was very average.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Gatos, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Beautiful grounds with charming swan filled oasis makes this Hilton property special... along with the breakfast made to order, Manager's happy hour and unique layout. We've stayed here numerous times over the years and while it's marginally under construction, 98% of the hotel is new and lovely.

1 Thank Bob S
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I always like Embassy Suites. This one was perfect for our first trip to Napa after having lived in the Bay Area all my life. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only negative was the breakfast. The room they served it in was so cold I had to wear a jacket which I rarely do even outside. It had to be in the lower 60s or upper 50s in that room. The next day it was fine which leads me to believe it was temporary glich. It was as if someone forgot to turn on the heat. Also, the guy cooking the omelets over cooked it. They don’t make them in an omelet pan but rather on their grill. For free breakfast its fine. The second day I skipped the omelet and just had sunny side up eggs. I’m always happy if they have oatmeal and eggs.

The rooms were big enough for our family of four. They had a microwave and an empty refrigerator not filled with overly expensive junk that I would never purchase. It was just an empty refrigerator which we used well. The front desk staff answered all our questions and gave us helpful advice on where to eat.

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed one night (Christmas Eve night) at this hotel. We stayed here once before, several years ago, and I had been a little dissatisfied. However, we needed a suite and so I decided to book at this location again. I'm happy that I did so.

As I approached the front desk, the clerk greeted me cheerfully immediately. He looked up my reservation and informed me it was pre-paid. The room was on the third floor, overlooking the inner courtyard and pool area on one side, and the parking lot on the other. The room was very clean and fully stocked with coffee packets, tea, creamer, shower accessories, etc. It was also extremely quiet. During our one night stay, I never heard anything but very, very muted noise from other guests.

In the morning, we took advantage of the complimentary breakfast buffet in the atrium. The chef quickly prepared freshly scrambled eggs and sausages. The coffee was delicious.

I would recommend this hotel to others. Parking is easy and convenient, the staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was quite good.

(I would like to suggest that management might try to use local food producers as suppliers. I stayed at the Embassy Suites in San Luis Obispo not too long ago, and noticed that some of their food items are provided by the agricultural department at Cal Poly. It was great knowing our eggs and dairy products were locally produced and organic.)

Santa Cruz, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Nice hotel. Clean, comfortable and quiet. Walking distance to downtown. The staff was very friendly, especially the front desk clerk. We upgraded when we got in and received a complimentary bottle of wine. A nice way to start our Napa trip.The complimentary Happy Hour and Breakfast were a good value. Drinks were a generous pour, and happy hour snacks had a nice variety, something for everyone. The breakfast omelet was hot and delicious. A short 10 minute walk found us downtown amongst several wine tasting rooms. Naked Wines.com was our favorite. Unlimited tasting for $10. They feature independent small batch wineries. These wines cannot be found in stores. We found some really nice bottles of wine. All in all Embassy Suites satisfied all of our needs. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Southern Oregon Coast
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed on Christmas Eve and the location is right off the freeway. Beautiful grounds that are well cared for. The suites are roomy and comfortable, the lobby is attractive, and the breakfast area very nice. The breakfast was above average with good coffee. We didn't interact much with the staff, but they were pleasant. We would stay here again when not staying with family.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for an upgrade. Our room was not worth the extra $19.