“Remodel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Make sure they are done with their remodel. We stayed there and the egress was next to impossible! We would have been dead if there were a fire. We should have been warned. Otherwise Embassy Suites are a good value. Breakfast are free thankfully...very average!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We recently spent two nights at the ES, Napa. This is an exceptional ES, pleasant courtyards. Fountains, very relaxing. We really liked that it was walking distance to downtown Napa and easy freeway access for our drives to Yountville and St. Helena. The rooms are spacious and clean. This will be our hotel of choice from now on when we visit Napa.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S B
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The rooms are excellent and staff were welcoming and very helpful. The breakfast crew were outstanding and it didn't take long at all to get your breakfast to order. The conference facilities were great. Within walking distance to "old" downtown Napa. The courtyard area is amazing, and at night the fire pots make it very pleasant to sit, chat and watch the swans and ducks in the large water feature.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 4Antioch
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 3 nights at the Embassy Suites. We really enjoyed this hotel and will definately go back again if we are in Napa. I know they have been going through renovations, but these are all down and it was very nicely done. I arrived on a shuttle and the shuttle driver said "this is a great hotel". It is always a good sign to me when locals like the hotel.
I had a room on the first floor by the outdoor pool. It was a pretty quiet room. I loved the bright flowers planted outside my room. The room was a typical Embassy suites room but very nicely decorated. Very modern decorations in yellow and grey colors. I really loved the couch in the living room that had a chaise lounge on it. I spent alot of time there reading and watching TV! The bathroom was not real big, but definately big enough for what you need. Especially with another mirror and sink in the bathroom you can use. The bed was comfortable and I enjoyed the pillows. My husband worked one day while I was in a conference and he said the work area in the room was very adequate for what he needed. We were very close to downtown Napa and great restaurants. I went out with some ladies one night and we took and a cab and it was only $6 each way.
The breakfast was adequate for me. The omelets they fix were really good. Their evening reception was nice and a good thing I always like about Embassy Suites. I ordered room service one night and it was quick service and good food.
I attended a conference at the hotel and they did a good job with this. The food at the conference was excellant. Not you typical hotel conference food.
I loved the water feature in the middle of the hotel courtyard. The swans were so gracefull and fun to watch. My husband and I had a bottle of wine that we shared outside by the water feature one night and it was so nice. They have a chimenea and it was so nice to sit by it at night.
The front staff was friendly and helpfull. They helped us get a reservation at a great restaruant in town one night. Again, we will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KC2833
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Napa ES did a great job with their renovations. The rooms are really nicely appointed, the main areas are open and inviting, and the garden is just beautiful. Great touch with the flocks of ducks and swans.

We were able to get a cheaper rate with their winter special ($132 incl. two free wine tastings at different wineries, and a bottle of wine). We were pleasantly surprised when we got to the resort and were given a garden view room instead of an atrium one (cheapest they offer, and what we originally booked) for no extra charge. Having seen the atrium, if you can afford the extra ten or so dollars per night, I'd recommend a garden view room. Really nice to walk out to in the morning.

The thermostat in our room was a little odd. It was always a little too warm for us (even if we had the temp at 65). Also, housekeeping was knocking at our door at 8:30 in the morning. Not a huge deal, we'd put our do not disturb sign out and left later in the morning. Room was always clean whenever we got back.

The free breakfast is nice, and the staff are very helpful. Admittedly, one reason we were so happy with our stay was because of the reasonable price, but even still if I were to come back to Napa, my first choice would be to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at this property for 3 days, visiting wineries but primarily to cheer for our son who ran the Napa Marathon on March 3. We loved the outdoor area and the swans and read the complimentary newspapers there every morning. The breakfast was varied and plentiful and the staff was friendly and accessible. We particularly enjoyed the bartenders during the manager's reception/ cocktail hour. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat M
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Embassy suites are great. I've spent many nights at Embassy suites in Tahoe, Napa and other locations. My recent stay in Napa was unacceptable. the room was a freezing 61 when I checked in. The thermostat didn't work so i called the front desk. I was told the "system was in summer mode" and could only blow cold air. It was March 1, 2013, that is not summer. the said they couldn't do anything about the system but could send me a space heater. I guess they expect me to take the heater from room to room to stay warm. Oddly enough, the following morning the heater was working. I bet they had many complaints just like mine. I'll most likely not stay there again. Instead I'll go to the Silverado. Too bad....

Room Tip: find out if the heating/air system is working both ways
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reynaldo Z, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Reynaldo Zertuche, Hotel General Manager.