“Beautiful hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Albany, New York
“Beautiful hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've been to this hotel 4 times now, and I've never had any issues. Rooms are large and comfortable. Conference rooms are clean and set up as expected. The AV guy, Matt, couldn't be more helpful. The complimentary breakfast and cocktail hour are an added bonus. The only thing that could improve is the early closing of the bar. To close at 11:00 pm on a Friday night was a bit surprising.

Room Tip: If you're a lite sleeper, I would suggest a room away from the fountain, as that runs all night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at this property for three nights for work (and play!) and really enjoyed the amenities, suite and location. I didn't partake in the complementary breakfast during my stay, but I did take advantage of the manager's reception. The food was typical- veggies and dip, chips and dip and popcorn- nothing memorable. Each night there was a different bartender and all of them gave great service and allowed me to get two glasses of wine to take with me to my room.
The grounds are beautiful. Not sure if the swans swimming in the pond enjoy their lives as props, but they were fun to watch glide along.
The lobby is beautiful; modern and sleek. The rooms are the standard two room set up. I travel a lot fro work and am surprised by the variation of cable channels and get excited when HGTV is part of the package, which was the case here. Room was clean, bathroom spotless and bed/linens very comfortable. I'll be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Porto Alegre, RS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Bad experience!! When arrived at the hotel, I unloaded my bags through the main entrance. After this is done the only person who was in the reception informed me that the elevator was broken and I had to go around the building to be able to unload the bags and have access to the room. Nobody could help me.
Stay away from breakfast. Is terrible...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Reynaldo Z, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including areas for improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of assisting guests with any needs during their stay. Our lobby elevators have since been repaired, but I regret any inconvenience you experienced while they were down. I hope that you will be our guest again The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area – thank you for your review.
Reynaldo Zertuche, Hotel general Manager.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Embassy Suites in Napa was a lovely property in a decent and easy to get to property. We like Embassy Suites typically as they offer a larger room, with nice amenities such as a refrigerator and microwave, Wi-fi, breakfast, managers receptions and a fitness center. This property did offer all of these things but we had a few issues. First the positives grounds and fountains/ponds with swans were a nice touch..the staff was very helpful when we had questions or needed anything. Our room was nice, and clean, and had been recently renovated. The breakfast was not quite as good as normal due to renovations in their breakfast and atrium area. We did not know that the hotel was still under construction, and as such the fitness area was also closed and the breakfast moved to the bar. The primary issue that we had was with the Wi-fi. It was very difficult to get and keep a signal, and as such we had a hard time conducting business that we needed to on our computers. My husband suggested they needed more "repeaters" in order to boost their signal. Thankfully much of our stay there was to go see Napa Valley and the wineries!! And that was the best part of our trip.

Room Tip: WE were concerned about having a first floor room near the busy courtyard, but there really was very...
1 Thank csharp59
Sacramento
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The only good thing I have to review about this hotel is that they let us check-in early. We were there for a training class, and it was great that at 8am we could get checked into our rooms before class started.

And now, the rest of the story...

They are in the middle of a renovation that we were told would be completed before our arrival. It was not. Fine, construction ran over, it happens. But the way this hotel runs itself otherwise was equally as unpredictable.

The conference rooms were ice cold. We understand keeping rooms cool so you stay awake, but they were down right chilly. (We will learn why later...) We were told they would credit us back the Wi-Fi charge for the class, they did not. They did reverse the double charge of the Wi-Fi only because we complained. It is inexcusable that they charged once for logging in during the conference, and charged again from logging in from our room. The charge should be good for 24 hours or at least each calendar day, shouldn't it? Also it is comical that they call it "Complimentary Internet at $9.95" on the log-in site. Complimentary normally means free, gratis, included, no?

The bathrooms adjacent to the conference rooms didn't even have toilets set in them! Keep the doors locked, the hallway blocked off with a sign, something! Nope, walked in and went woah! There is not even a toilet in here!

Luckily the first day the bathrooms in the bar area next door were open. This wasn't the case later that night or the next morning. The bar bathrooms were closed for renovation then. How about get one set of restrooms up and running before beginning the renovations of the only other public bathrooms in the area? That evening while in the bar, and the next morning at breakfast, if you had to go to the bathroom you had to go all the way back to your room.

That was another feat. Getting to your room. Both of the elevators were shut down for upgrades. So we had to hike ourselves and our luggage up three stories of stairs every time. The stairs of course being only on the very far ends of the complex for extra schlepping. We were told there were other elevators in the rear of the complex, but we never did find them.

The icing on the frosty cupcake: no heat. I thought the heat wasn't working when I went to my room at 3:30pm. I waited about 30 minutes thinking I just needed to wait for it to kick on. By 4pm I called down to the front desk where I was told that the heat isn't turned on to the complex until it gets cold. And she said it with a lovely attitude like I am the crazy one for thinking the heat would be on in our rooms.

Mind you - it's February. It's Northern California. The outdoor temperatures were in the low 30s at night, high 50s during the day while we were there. It was 61 degrees in my room, 59 degrees in a co-workers room. And we were on the 3rd floor, where heat rises! This is unacceptable!

When I asked what time "when it gets cold" is, she said usually around 9pm. 9pm?! This explains why the conference rooms were so cold. Thank goodness we were going out to dinner so the heat would be working when we got back later that night.

So renovation issues aside, if you plan on staying here, I hope it's in spring or fall when you don't need the heat because I am going to go out on a limb and say they do the same thing in the summer with the air conditioning...

Room Tip: They did move my rooms when I ended up next to a very whiney dog that was left alone it its room all...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jenjens31
Reynaldo Z, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the restrictions of our heating system. Our renovation is coming to an end and our hotel is looking fantastic! We wish to see you back again. Reynaldo Zertuche, General Manager.
Ballwin, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel is lovely, especially the courtyard outside our door with fountains and swans in it. The staff was excellent--we arrived in the morning and they pretty much planned our day for us. They planned a route, call the wineries and made reservations, and sent us to great places. They recommended a car service for day two, which turned out be EXCELLENT and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Anything overlooking courtyard is great because of how beautiful it is.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Overall great hotel, wish we could have stayed longer but I'm sure we will be back and definitely stay here again, hopefully the renovation will be completed by then. The complimentary breakfast is descent and not the typical full breakfast that we are accustomed too but we are aware of the renovation. My husband stepped on a screw on the floor and later noticed that the floor was not vacuumed, again possibly due to renovation...no big deal:-))

Room Tip: My husband I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel as we always like to stay at any Embassy Suites l...