At first glance it does look like a nice upper scale quality hotel. The check-in clerks, however, are not friendly and almost seem like they don't like their job and wish they were somewhere else. We even overheard them talking negatively about guests and gossiping as we were checking in. Our room was not ready when we arrived and assumed we would not have that long of a wait, even though their check in time is late, 4 pm, we arrived at 2 pm tired from a long drive. We ended in the restaurant at the hotel and it was empty so that was nice. We ordered a sandwich and had a couple glassed of Chard. The staff there was very friendly in the restaurant area. Once we had our room, at just shy of 4 pm, we arrived to a smaller than advertised room, although clean it was decent. We retired about around 10 pm after having dinner in downtown Napa, and it was freezing out. The temperatures for Napa are cold in the fall and outside was going to be in the 30's over the weekend. We immediately tried turning on the thermostat only to discover cold air blowing out into the room. Calling the front desk resulted in them telling us they do not have their hotel system heat on. Although when you walk into the lobby at night they have a nice fire burning in the lobby fireplace and the front desk staff are all bundled in coats. That should have given me a sign that the heating system was not on in the Hotel. The front desk accomodated us with small, noisey space heaters that we had to put in spots that would attempt to keep our toes warm at night. The heaters were noisey and we had a hard time sleeping. They pulled so much electricity that they shorted out our room and we had no power. We called the front desk several times and they would take 30 minutes to turn our power back on. We both ended up waking up with terrible sore throats from being cold and showering in the morning in a bathroom that was 40 degrees was very uncomfortable. The front desk continued to insist that they will not turn on the heating system for the hotel. When checking out I again explained the terrible conditions and the power shorting out made us late for our morning appts. We ended up missing out on two appts. that we had made privately at wineries due to this terrible hotel and staff. The front desk did nothing to accomodate us on check out. I would NOT recommend this hotel for anyone who wants an enjoyable, relaxing stay in Napa. Spend the extra money and stay in Yountville or St. Helena.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic town of Napa, near world- renowned wineries and home to celebrity chefs, the Embassy Suites Napa Valley is a Mediterranean style property built around an interior courtyard and millpond. A three story building, this charming property offers 205 spacious suites, two swimming pools, sauna, whirlpool, gift shop, restaurant, and lounge. Complimentary full breakfast and beverage reception make this a great choice for anyone looking for hidden value in the Napa Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Napa Valley
- Napa Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Napa Valley CA