“Horrified”
Review of Chablis Inn

Chablis Inn
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Well when I booked the room, the pictures were all very nice and welcoming. When we get there, it was another story. The room didn't smell clean at all and I was about to bring in my blanket ( I bring a blanket from home) and my friend said NO, that we needed to check the room out first. At first I didn't know what she meant, but then it hit me. She wanted to make sure there were no bed bugs. To my surprise, we ended up finding some and we left.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank rcommittee
Donna005, manager at Chablis Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2010

I pride my housekeeping staff on the cleanliness of this property. This guest was a gift to me. I was not aware of this problem. I have treated this room, the 2 rooms adjacent, and the 3 rooms above 4 times. This room was deep cleaned and inspected 2 times. I have also added protective sleeves to all of my beds. I welcome this guest to return for a complimentary visit anytime.

Reviewed January 4, 2010

Very good motel, with above average accommodations. Very clean and comfortable, with large rooms and a good bathroom. They have no breakfast, but there is a coffee machine on the room and a Starbucks at walking distance. Great value.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2009

After searching online for a good 15-20 minutes without finding anything, we stumbled on the Chablis Inn which took pets for a reasonable fee and had availability. The rate was good, check-in smooth (with a doggie treat bag) and while the exterior clearly says 'motel' the room surprised us. Good bed, linens and updated bathroom (although the walls of the bathroom in this particular room were ready for some fresh paint and minor touch-up). The room itself was clean, freshly painted and perfect for our needs. While I would not call it our new favorite, it certainly served the purpose and worked out very well.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My husband and I go to Napa Valley every year, and always stay here. Rooms are large, clean and comfortable with no frills. With the money we save staying here, we're able to spend more on all the excellent restaurants and wines Napa has to offer. Its conveniently located right by the highway. While it doesn't have nice views or luxury, its all you need for the limited time you'll spend in your room. Also, there's a hot tub and a pool.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The Chablis Inn is a two-story motel on the outskirts of Napa, close to the major roads and with plenty of shopping close by. I never look for a "destination" hotel, I look for a clean, comfortable, relatively inexpensive base of operations to go out and see the area. The Chablis Inn is just that.

A big plus is the staff. They were very helpful in suggesting restaurants (which all turned out to be great) and vineyards to see. They have ample literature and tasting discount cards too.

They have a pool and a hot tub which we did not take advantage of, but they looked inviting.

I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Staff was very friendly. I thought I had lost some jewelry and they went above and beyond to look for it. I really appreciate the service they provided us.

Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed October 5, 2009

They forgot the soundproofing on the second floor. Because of our dog they gave us a first floor room. The couple above us, just walking to and fro, sounded like the Dance of the Elephants. They had to move us. The WiFi is spotty, except in the office. If you have a pet and the price is right then this place is merely OK.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple