“Expected more from what I have read other reviews...”
Review of Chablis Inn

Chablis Inn
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Ca
“Expected more from what I have read other reviews...”
Reviewed July 9, 2006

Checking in to the room was pretty slow. Their credit card system was down. Front desk person was able to recommend two good places for dinner, but took awhile to recommend places for breakfast. We had a room with a king size bed which is quite comfortable, however, the sheets are not clean. You can actually see stains on the corner of the bed sheet. We also had a room that has a jacuzzi tub. Got me excited, but when I saw it, the tub was dirty and definitely not clean for someone to be soaking in it. Also, the bathroom plugged up during the night that my husband had to request for a plunger to clear it.

Overall, for the price they charged for this room, it was not worth it.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank caintelligent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed July 9, 2006

The Chablis Inn is a small motel off of Highway 29 in Napa, California. It is not particularly memorable, romantic or fancy inside but, that being said, it was clean and comfortable for one night. I have attached pictures of what our room looked like upon check in so that you can see for yourself. It has a small pool and hot tub that were fine and there is a grocery store across the street if you need to pick up any items during your travels. It is next door to the Napa Valley Redwood Inn and down the street from the Marriott.

If you are looking for a romantic bed and breakfast in Napa or a hotel with lots of amenities, I would absolutely look elsewhere. If you are looking for budget accomodations for one or two nights in the Napa Valley area, the Chablis Inn is fine.

• Stayed July 2006
8 Thank Jon S
Washington, DC
Reviewed July 6, 2006

My husband and I were looking for an affordable motel since we had a long trip planned down the California coast. The Chablis Inn is very simple, but comfortable. I had no problems with reservations and check in was simple. Our room had the king size bed and it was a little harder than I'm used to, but felt really good after a long day of tastings!

The whirlpool and pool were very clean and well-maintained.

Be sure to check with the front desk on complimentary or 2-for-1 tasting coupons that they have for some local wineries. The motel is located right off 29 and is near The Prime Outlets and a Target. Its a short drive to COPIA/downtown Napa.

I would definitely stay at the motel again.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank Highlander95
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed April 22, 2006

I stayed at the Chablis at the last minute and was not certain what to expect.
What I found was nice service, a decent room, nice in size with a nice pool area. The hotel had nice little touches (a welcome bag for my dog, great bath products, good tourist guides) all at a very reasonable price considering the area where a decent place generally goes for twice the price.

4 Thank TravelsWithDoggie
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 15, 2006

If you're trying to stay on a budget in pricey Napa and planning to spend less than $100/night for a hotel, you'll find there aren't many places to choose from that are still in a convenient location. Chablis Inn was a great value for the money and was in a good location- but keep in mind this is an expensive area. You're not going to be staying at a Hilton-type hotel for less than $100. Chablis looks a little drab from the outside, but the rooms were suprisingly nice. The rooms were very clean, well-kept and pretty spacious, the bathroom water pressure/temperature/availability of towels was great, the staff was very nice and helpful. The pool was closed when we were there (due to the 6 weeks of rain the Bay Area was being flooded with at the time), but it looked very basic- concrete patio and privacy fence around it. My strategy for this trip to Napa was to spend my money at the wineries/shopping, not to drop big bucks on accomodations; Chablis worked perfectly. The beautiful scenery and fabulous wine/food was what I wanted (and got!). Chablis Inn was a fantastic value for what we paid.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank brolls286
Burbank, CA
Reviewed October 20, 2005

Just came back from the Chablis Inn after spending a weekend there with my wife. Stay here only as a last resort if you absolutely have to be in Napa at a specific time and there are NO other places available. The place is basically a glorified "Motel 6" at significantly higher prices. The staff was rude and dismissive and couldn't bother to lift a finger to provide even the smallest amount of customer service. The rooms were OK-sized for a couple but were very, very dirty. The chairs had food in the cushions from the last visitors and the shower/bathtub also had residual leftovers from the previous guests. The door to our room didn't close easily and we found that the cleaning staff had left our room unlocked and open for an entire day while we were out sightseeing. The only positive aspect to this Inn is its location immediately off of Hwy 29 and 1 1/2 miles from First Street/Downtown Napa. Other than that avoid at all costs unless you absolutely have to stay here!

• Stayed October 2005
7 Thank BurbankBruin

Travelers are raving about these Napa hotels

Texas
Reviewed September 28, 2005

My husband and I just returned from 2 nights in this motel. I was very nervous because it was an impromptu trip during a prime season, and I could not find anywhere to stay but the Chablis. Needless to say, I was worried about the quality of this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. I expected it to be a dump. It is not fabulous by any means, but for basically a motel, it was higher quality than most. The rooms are very clean. The bed was as as comfortable as our Palace hotel room in San Francisco. Our room had a king bed, a jacuzzi tub, and I mini fridge that came in handy in storing our wine when we had some left over. We sat in the hot tub outside and enjoyed some wine. Compared to the price of other lodgings in the area, I thought it was a good value. My only complaint was that the window unit was a little noisy, but so are most of them and it didn't bother my husband a bit. If you don't want to spend more that $125 per night, it is a good choice. If money is no object and you want romantic, it is not for you!

• Stayed September 2005