“The Chablis Inn stole my money.”
Review of Chablis Inn

Chablis Inn
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Incompetence makes me angry but incompetence coupled with rudeness? Boy Chablis Inn, you better watch out.

I sent half of my wedding guests to stay here (yes, I gave them a lot of business too) and my husband booked a room online for the best man , paying IN FULL for TWO NIGHTS.

Fast forward to when we get our bank statement indicating that we were CHARGED TWICE. Once at the time of booking and again at the time of check out. We called Chablis Inn several times and they were completely uncooperative to the point of avoiding our calls.

When a man I was speaking to passed the phone off to a lady, she simply told me that it shows in their records that they only billed us for two nights. As I explained about the bank stating that the payment was authorized twice on their end, she cut me off, indicating that this was my problem and of no concern to them.

I sent her an email with a screenshot of the bank records with the dates and charges by Chablis Inn on our card, clearly indicating that they charged us twice. Since she was so adamant in saying that on their end, they only received one payment from us for just the two nights, I asked her "Can you email me this fact so that I have something in writing to show the bank?". She, of course, refused.

No help, no concern, and no accountability for a mistake on their end. I guess once they have your money, everything else can go down the toilet. There is no way they should be allowed to steal money and get away with it. I would rather spend more than the amount they took from us on legal help just so justice is served.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank novembergarcia

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a motel and it has just the basics. We were here for two nights on a weekend away with friends. I wanted to save some money and I was able to staying here.The only complaint my husband had was the tv, it was old and didn't have certain channels. Also the heater was on the floor and was very loud. If you are going to be out and about in Napa and only in your room to sleep and shower, then its a perfect place. I wanted to spend my money on food and wine and we weren't in our room much so it turned out to be a good spot for us.

Room Tip: In the corner of the two buildings would be best to not hear the street noise as much
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keri L
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I had to go to Napa for the funeral of a family member and stayed 1 night at the Chablis Inn. We checked in with Mica and after we went to our room, we discovered that it was extremely noisy and not what we expected. When I called the front desk to ask for a different room, I was told that we could upgrade for an additional cost, but other than that, there was nothing else they could do. I'm sorry, but upgrading for more money is NOT a solution! There was no apology given either and I felt as though the front desk clerk, Mica, couldn't have cared less about our comfort or satisfaction with the room.

Since we were only in town for 1 night, we didn't want to bother with getting a manager or supervisor to speak with, so I can only report the problem we had with the front desk clerk. I'm not sure what management would have done differently (if anything) but would like to be fair and make note of that aspect. My advice to them would be to better train their staff on how to handle guest complaints. No discount was offered, no solution (other than to spend MORE money) was given, only an "oh well" attitude.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

No wifi or flat screen TV. Barely basic cable with constant prompts to upgrade DirecTV into a premium station. The rooms are not well-appointed - ours had half-finished, nails exposed, crown moulding over popcorn ceiling and a dented up entry door; Partially hanging cabinet doors near the kitchenette. Ceilings are paper thin and could hear neighbors every step with creaks.
Pretty much a basic, no-frills room in Napa. Sadly, wouldn't pay more than $60 a night.
The upside is the shopping center right across the street and free parking.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank ALTraveler2000
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here from the UK. Recommended by lonely planet guide. The place was clean and comfortable. The owners were friendly. It is out of Napa town itself so you need to take a taxi or drive as there is not too much around the immediate, walkable area (e.g.restaurants and bars). This was considerably cheaper than other central locations so frees up money for....WINE!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gooigiell
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Our criteria in picking the Chablis were (1) low cost and (2) pet accommodation. They certainly met both of these requirements. In addition, the place was clean, quiet and everything functioned. On the down side, the heater was quite noisy and the blinds were inadequate to keep the 24-hour security lighting from outside the room from flooding our room. So, our sleep was mildly disturbed. All in all, if I needed a utilitarian place to stay in Napa again, I'd certainly consider the Chablis Inn.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greg S
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It's a very "basic" place to stay. However, if you're out enjoying the beautiful Napa area, why would you spend all that money on a room at other hotels/motels. The staff is extremely welcoming and accommodating. The room is very plain but nice, clean, quiet, and comfortable. I would stay at the Chablis Inn again in a heartbeat and I encourage you to give it a try!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo