This place is not worth the money at all. It is not really an inn for visiting the Napa Valley, but rather a disorganized, overpriced mess of a place across from a Target and McDonald's and next to a smoke shop. The wineries are not near, but rather about a 15 minute car ride away.
Let me start with the ok parts. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms, overall, are spacious and clean. So if that's all that you are looking for (and don't mind the exorbitant price for what you get) then you will do fine here.
Here are the parts that are not reflecting in the glowing reviews:
1. The place is a maze. It has the weirdest layout of any hotel I have seen, but there are few signs to guide you around. So good luck finding your room or way out! You have to leave the main door and use outdoor staircases to go to another floor in some cases, but then you need a keycard to enter a hallway again. So if you are trying to visit someone on another floor, as we were, and you don't bring a keycard, you can't do it.
2. The staff is very disorganized and ineffective. We had various problems in our stay, all stymied by a lack of communication with us and among staff at the hotel. And most (not all, but most), seemed indifferent to our problems and annoyed by our requests for help.
3. The keycard to the room broke every single time we used it. We had to replace it four times during our stay. The doors and stairways themselves are not really working well and smelly.
4. We chose this hotel in part because of its pool, since we have kids. The pics and reviews did not show that the pool is about 10 feet long and 8 feet wide and not heated. Good luck if there is more than one family there. The hot tub was nice though.
5. This place is really expensive for all of this. We paid $150 a night (!) for a mediocre hotel in a bad location. If it had been about $80 a night it would have been more tolerable--you get what you pay for--but this is ridiculous given the price.
Bottom line--don't choose this hotel thinking you've gotten away with a good deal for a hotel right in the heart of Napa wine country. Just know what you're getting into with this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at the Vines just received Best Western International’s highest honor, "The Chairman’s Award," for outstanding quality, design and high customer service. Travelers from all over the world choose Inn at the Vines as their vacation destination. BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at the Vines, also nominated as one of the best hotels in Napa Valley, provides finely appointed accommodations in the heart of all there is to experience in our beautiful wine country of Northern California. Whether your travels bring you to Napa for a weekend get-away, business, family vacation, or a wedding, BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at the Vines is ready to ensure a comfortable and memorable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Inn At The Vines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn At The Vines Hotel Napa
- Best Western Hotel Napa
- Best Western Napa
- Napa Best Western
- Best Western Plus Inn At The Vines Napa, Napa Valley, CA