“Wow”

Darioush Winery
Ranked #22 of 206 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A Napa Valley wine experience - uncommon perspectives of the world and extraordinary wines. *Please note we are open by appointment only on Saturdays.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

On the Silverado Trail near Napa just north of town sits a stately building that could be a Persian castle. That is Darioush, a winery with an Iranian flare. The wines are big bold reds with a few experiments in white wine as well. All great wines. My personal favorite is the Duel a Cabernet Savignon / Shiraz blend. They have a nice gift shop in the tasting room and private areas for the wine club members. Their staff is knowledgeable both about the wines as well as the history of the vinyard. As with most places the tasting fee is waved for wine club members and if you purchase wines.

All reviews
"for sale"
"tasting area"
"cab franc"

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The architecture on this building is interesting - very lavish, as it's done up like a Persian palace. When we were here, we had a wonderful tasting guy who was friendly and informative. The wines are good, but not great, though. And they're overpriced for the quality you get, I'm afraid.

1  Thank KarrieSue78
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the wines here, I have tasted wine pretty much from all over California and the world too so I know what I'm talking about, what I have notice with people, specially the ones who don't drink wine and if they do, they only drink the wine boxes they buy at the grocery store which is usually cheap and sweet, so when they come to a winery like this one and taste good and real wine, they don't like it and I know this by reading the person below using the word " posh " really? Who use that kind of words?? Only cheap people, anyway, if you want to taste good wine, with a great bold, fruity taste, you will be happy here, I always end up buying wine, and most people I know they always enjoy it too.

4  Thank MONTYHADES
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is a posh upscale winery very unique to others in the area. It is absolutely beautiful as you drive up to see the flame in the circle and the columns in front of the grand entrance. Inside it is a square walk up tasting bar with off to the sides speciality couched group seating areas. It was somewhat cold and unwelcoming as we did not know what to do or how to get a tasting. We finally asked a guest what to do. Once we were helped, the staff was friendly. It was the most expensive wine & limited tastings for the price. The wine was enjoyable and we made a purchase, but was disappointed how the wine was not local and brought in. Kind of makes it feel foreign. Not what Napa is about. Felt it was too posh for the Napa experience.