“The Grounds Impressed; The Wine Didn't”
Review of Darioush Winery

Darioush Winery
Ranked #22 of 206 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A Napa Valley wine experience - uncommon perspectives of the world and extraordinary wines. *Please note we are open by appointment only on Saturdays.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

No doubt about it, the grounds at Darioush are very unique and worth a visit. I signed up for the cheese and wine pairing that included a brief tour of the property and really enjoyed the tour. When it came to the pairing, however, I wasn't as impressed. While I found three of the wines much nicer than many tripadvisor reviews, I wasn't blown away by them either, and the blend was awful. Very unlike me to leave without buying a thing...not even just a glass!

As far as some reviews claiming the atmosphere at Darioush is snobby, I didn't experience that at all. In fact, the tour guide was rather down to earth. On the other hand, thanks to the attitudes of the other people in the small tour group, I couldn't wait to break away to get some fresh air.

All reviews
"for sale"
"tasting area"
"cab franc"

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The columns that greet you in front make you think for a while you might be in Vegas :) But these are a good subject for architectural photography. Haven't tasted their wines so I am just writing this review from an architectural perspective. Truly an architectural standout in Napa!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I felt like I was at a Las Vegas hotel. Unlike any other winery there. The architecture is amazing and when I walked into the tasting room I felt like I entered a spa. They have this really cool vase as you drive up the driveway and if there is a flame in it then the owner is there. The tasting was really good. Wine was delicious and worth the purchase. You can easily store his cabs away for a good ten years.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

A friend of Iranian heritage told us about this winery and assured us we would love the architecture. She was right!! You feel like you have stepped into ancient Babylon when you drive up and see the towering stone columns and beautiful fountains. The interior is just as stunning as the exterior - all very exotic and artful. The wines were exquisite. My husband and I split the $40 flight and the Savignon Blanc and Duel were our favorites (along with their delicious pistachios). The Cabernet is priced at $95, most of the others around $50. For a $40 tasting, the cost is waived if you purchase 3 bottles. It's a very nice "diiferent" in Napa.