“Beautiful Architecture”

Darioush Winery
Ranked #12 of 202 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A Napa Valley wine experience - uncommon perspectives of the world and extraordinary wines. *Please note we are open by appointment only on Saturdays.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

A friend of Iranian heritage told us about this winery and assured us we would love the architecture. She was right!! You feel like you have stepped into ancient Babylon when you drive up and see the towering stone columns and beautiful fountains. The interior is just as stunning as the exterior - all very exotic and artful. The wines were exquisite. My husband and I split the $40 flight and the Savignon Blanc and Duel were our favorites (along with their delicious pistachios). The Cabernet is priced at $95, most of the others around $50. For a $40 tasting, the cost is waived if you purchase 3 bottles. It's a very nice "diiferent" in Napa.

All reviews
"tasting area"
"food pairings"
"delicious wines"

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was one we happened to be driving by and just stopped in. It was GREAT and very glad we did! Excellent wine and very nice atmosphere. They have chairs at their bars and offer pistachios when you first sit down. You get 5 wines for $40 - we shared our tasting and it was great! You sample 2 whites and 3 reds - very good! Highly recommend!

1  Thank kj1512
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was told by my friend about this place and being and Iranian and traveling with my two children who are born here, wanted to give them a little taste of my culture. It is neat idea but I expected to see more than just less than few feet Takht Jamsid. It is very tiny example and the picture fool you a little. Being with two teenager I skipped wine tasting. Still the idea is neat and I hope the owner expand the ground in the future to see more of Pasargad.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Darioush was the first stop on a visit to the Napa region as we made our way up the Silverado Trail, courtesy of my girl friend (also a wine club member). Darioush is lush...almost spa-like. Impressive architecture and grounds. The fire was not lit, so we knew Darioush was not in.

We had an appointment for a wine tasting, and were seated at a table in front of the fireplace and thoroughly enjoyed five wines during our tasting. "Duel" was easily my favorite, with the Voignier easily a close second.

I was impressed by the 'rags to riches' story of the winemaker. The wine bar is surrounded by an expensive shop (the blanket/throw of my dreams was $1400), including wonderful leather items by WANT (appropriately named).

There is a fee if you are not a wine club member. Of the three wineries we visited, Darioush was definitely a great start to our trip but not my favorite.

I didn't see any place to enjoy a picnic, which is a feature I enjoy at other wineries. I would recommend the small deli/shop just south of Darioush--the Soda Canyon Store, where we picked up absolutely fresh and delicious sandwiches and snacks on the way (we enjoyed them at our next winery).

See more reviews
Reviewed August 23, 2013

After staying in sonoma for a few days a trip to Darioush felt over the top. It's a stunning winery. The architecture is amazing and the grounds are quite nice. We enjoyed the tasting with cheese. It was well put together; guide, tour, tasting. We even had the opportunity to view Darioush's private collection room. The experience was very luxurious and spendy, but a unique Napa experience. Our guide Rosco was very knowledgeable and hospitable. We even made a few new friends!