“Charming B&B, Great Value”
Review of Cabernet House

Cabernet House
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My BF and I recently stayed here for a 3-night mid-week stay in Napa Valley. We've both never been to a B&B and didn't know exactly what to expect. This place is super cute and charming :) It's a bit old (hence, OLD WORLD inn) but holds lots of character and charm in the house.

The food is so-so. I'm a picky eater (not that I mean to be!) and I found that I couldn't really eat any of the breakfasts' they provided all three mornings. The provided a quiche, frittata, and I forget the third breakfast main dish, but it was along those lines. So unfortunately, I wasn't a fan of the food.

Although, the other food their provided throughout the day was pleasent. The fruit-flavored water was really refreshing to fill up on throughout the day. And they serve homemade chocolate dessert trays nightly at 7pm (and I LAVA chocolate!). So the BF and I thoroughly enjoyed those :). They also had a "happy hour" with wine and snacks daily from 5:30-6:30pm. Although, what they served barely counted as quality cheese (more like a cheese spread). So that was disappointing.

They also have a movie "library", coffee/tea available 24/7, and they always kept these delicious tiny crispy cookies available right next to the fruit-water. SO GOOD!

We stayed in the La Boheme room and it was super cute! The bed is soooo comfortable :D. I did notice it was kind of noisy in the mornings, but I'm used to noise so it didn't really bother me. The B&B is located on a main road, so if you're looking for quiet, this probably isn't the best B&B to visit. We got a good deal (since we stayed mid-week), but I'm not so sure I'd stay here during the high tourist season and pay those rates. I think we'll try another B&B in Calistoga next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tcck55210

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were very happy with the Old World Inn. Upon arrival we were greeted by Hillary, she very nice, and showed us to our room. I thought I booked a king bed, I was a little disappointed it was a queen. She was quick to accomodate us.
The property has 2 locations, which are a half a block away from each other. There, we were greeted by Reggie, He was wonderful!! kind, considerate and a down to earth man who wanted to make me happy. He showed us a couple of options. We stayed in the cottage, which was very romantic. It had a fire place, comfortable canopy bed, and jacuzzi. The room was clean and decorated perfectly. We were given a maps of the wineries, and the walk to restaurants and shops.
When we arrived back from our day of wine tasting, Janet was at the front desk. She was great! A wealth of knowledge about all the restuarants and go to spots. We enjoyed talking to her as well.
There is a 5:30 wine tasting on the premise. The wine was fair.
Overall, the staff was great, the accomodations were wonderful, breakfast was good, location was perfect. we will definitetly return to Old World Inn, and recommend this place to all of our friends!

Room Tip: Always read recent reviews, look for cleanliness, and comfort. Restuarants can always be found close...
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were at this inn for 2 nights last August and must say, we were pretty disappointed. The room was tiny, dark and cold. There was no welcome wine bottle which had been advertised on their website. And we paid $200 a night for it!

The gourmet breakfast was nothing spectacular, nor were the wine tastings in the evening. But the hosts were definitely helpful in terms of what wineries to go to, what else to explore.

All in, this inn was an underwhelming experience and I would sadly not recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The service and food are great. You get quite a few perks such as wine tasting and evening snacks. We went during a cold snap and our room temperature was hard to manage. We stayed in the starry night and though nice, it was hot or cold. The hot tub is a normal air bubble tub under a canopy. That is not enough to pass this up though. We did like it a lot.

Room Tip: Book a room that doesn't have so many outside walls or skylights if it is during chili season
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon and it was magical. The Starry night suite was very romantic, but beware if you want to sleep in. The location is central to everywhere. Breakfast was delicious every morning. We rented a car and went tasting on the "trail" most every day. Russ and Sharon also host an evening wine pour most nights if not every where you get to taste local wines and get educated on the complexities of wine and wine-making. We will definitely be back for our anniversaries to come.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was a wonderful place and I am so glad we stayed here, great value for the price. The owners were present and tentative during our entire 5 day stay. The breakfast was a terrific start each morning, and he fashioned the breakfast to help those who will visit the wineries throughout the day. Genius. Each evening we had delicious desserts and complimentary wine tastings welcome us back in - fantastic way to end our Napa day. Located minutes in walking distance to downtown Napa. It's also across the street from a grocery store- those who will visit wineries, I would highly suggest to stock up on snacks, fruits, water and lunch at this grocery store first thing after breakfast. Take it with you to the wineries - cost effective and you're set for the day!

Overall it was very nice, comfortable, convenient and cute place. I would highly recommend Old World Inn!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I spend 2 night at the Inn in November. Russ and his staff made our stay in Napa a pleasant one. Directing us to some nice wineries as well as places to eat. The room was beautiful. Large and well appointed and clean. The evening wine tasting were a nice touch. Breakfast was not your typical bacon and eggs, Very light and tasty variation of egg dishes. Hot and fast service. Great way to start and and your days after touring the wine region of Napa Valley.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple