“Don't count on the hot tub!”
Review of The Napa Inn

The Napa Inn
Ranked #14 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We booked the garden room because of the hot tub. First: We had to fill it ourselves. Second: after heating it all afternoon it was not hot. Third: The next morning it was still NOT hot enough so we kept the heater on during the day while we were gone. Finally on arriving back to our room we checked to see if it was finally hot enough to use only to find that the water had been DRAINED out of the tub. Bedding and pillows poor. Pillows flat and blankets heavy. Decor a bit kitschy. Tub/shower old and worn out. Poor value for the price.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
brooke370, Owner at The Napa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

When this gentleman checked in we explained that he needed to fill the hot tub with HOT water - (just like he would a bathtub) and then plug it in and leave it plugged in so the water would remain hot. He did not fill it with hot water and we drained it for him the next day but he apparently did the same thing. This is a requirement by the County of Napa Health dept. that we drain the tub between guests and the only way the water can get hot is for the guest to fill it with hot water in the first place. It is unfortunate he did not understand the directions (which were also printed in the room directory) - it is also unfortunate he did not ASK us what to do.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

From the moment I arrived at the property I was made welcome with a complete orientation to the amenities, the available DVD's and the workings of the jacuzzi on my private patio. Both my dog and I felt at home in the cozy accommodations with comfy sheets and ample bath products. Quiet, quiet, quiet! So if you're a business traveler looking for a home away from home or a vacation traveler looking for a place to let your hair down after visiting the sites of the Napa Valley, this place is for you. Lovely neighborhood for walking my dog in the evening and morning, and close to the highway for wine tours as well as downtown for restaurants, shopping and general kicking back. My dog and I will definitely be staying here in the future!

Room Tip: Two cottage rooms are dog friendly and offer small private patio to buffer between the room and the...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Victoria T
Reviewed December 28, 2011

With a warm cozy atmosphere greeting you the moment you pull up to the street and park, to the step back in time charm once you walk inside, The Napa Inn makes you forget any problems you might have. Beautiful classically decorated rooms with the most comfortable beds you'll ever sleep on remind you of simpler times yet you know you're in the 21st Century by the modern conveniences waiting for you including flat screen TV's, jacuzzi bath and more. Brooke and her staff were delightful and accommodating and the breakfasts were amazingly tasty. Located just a short walk to markets and downtown Napa, The Napa Inn is truly a destination, not just a place to stay. We'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Every room has its charm. It all depends on what hits you.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Napa Inn. Never having stayed in a B&B, The Napa Inn exceeded our expectations. Brooke and her staff were wonderful and the food was way more than we had ever expected to receive in a B&B. During our stay we were allowed to enter each room that was unoccupied, and since this was the off season there were several rooms that we were able to view. There was not one, that was a disappointment. Our room was not located in the main house, and was just as charming and cozy. The Inn is located within walking distance to town, and Safeway is just a block away. The neighborhood is quiet and safe. We will be back again next year, and we won't stay anywhere else but The Napa Inn.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This B & B is awesome. I had such a wonderful time. From check in to check out, this place is worth every penny. I hope to go back.

Room Tip: Loved Williams Retreat Room
Reviewed November 22, 2011

The Napa Inn staff was very helpful. This was our first stay in Napa and they helped us with our wine tour and other local attractions and restaurants.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, and their breakfast buffet was fabulous. We will DEFINITELY stay there on our next visit to Napa!

Room Tip: Convenient to downtown, within walking distance to several restaurants.
1  Thank Hokiebabe
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My Husband and I spent an amazing weekend in Napa. We stayed at the Napa Inn B&B which was fantastic! Each room has a different theme and some have amazing jet tubs in them. The room was very clean and looked just like it did online. The only thing I will say is don't let the appearance of the main house throw you off. When I first walked in I was afraid we had picked the wrong hotel because the front looked sloppy however when I walked pass the main door I saw how nice everything else looked. :) And the bed was one of the softest beds I have ever slept on in a hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in Angela's Garden Room