A word of caution if you have dietary restrictions. I am highly allergic to eggs and oats and we were traveling with two vegetarians. When I made the reservation I talked to them about our restrictions and asked them to make accommodations which the gal said they were happy to do and that she was writing it in as we spoke. My daughter spoke to them the week of our stay and emailed them reminding and discussing our dietary needs. When we met the innkeeper he made the comment that he had a very special breakfast planned for us, so we thought that was a confirmation. At breakfast we were all served identical meals which consisted of an egg and a sausage. When we sent the respective mistakes back, we received either the sausage or the egg, mine came with a melon slice, theirs was just the egg. When the innkeeper came out and we expressed our surprise he chastised us for not telling him directly and went on for several minutes about how he's been to hundreds of inns all over the world and everybody knows you should always have those discussions directly with the innkeeper. My daughter was irritated and told him she imagined they would have better management since she both emailed and spoke to someone and he said that we shouldn't have made that mistake. Arrogance?
My daughter and I heard him later saying to my husband that he did see a note in the reservation but that clerk was gone... Gee, was that an apology?
So if you have dietary restrictions you'll want to be quite pointed and speak only to the innkeeper because apparently nobody else there is trustworthy.
The inn was beautiful and in easy walking to town. We had a room across the street from the main house where our two adult kids each had rooms. Ours was the Elizabeth room and it had coffee in the room along with complimentary port and sherry.
We are very laid back, easy going people and the inn was lovely. We were a little concerned because they told us only days before we came that they would be having an open house with all sorts of people coming through. They told us not to be concerned because people would not be allowed into our rooms. When we arrived around 5 pm the door was open to my sons room and people were allowed to roam in there. The gal said we couldn't check in and use that room yet because the event was going until 7pm. When we found the innkeeper he checked us in and we were allowed to shut and lock his room so it was fine. We all went to my room across the road until after 7, so it was fine.
A funny thing that might have really bothered someone was that the night of the event they served skewers of food and arrayed them stabbed into a melon. The next morning the piece of melon that was served with my sausage was clearly the same melon. We all chuckled over that...and I chose not to eat it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over a century this stunning Napa Valley Queen Anne Victorian has reigned over Napa. Today, La Belle Epoque is a luxury Napa Valley boutique inn - ideal for romantic getaways, family reunions, small weddings and solo retreats. Payment and Cancellation Policy: We charge your first night’s stay so your reservation is guaranteed. The remainder of the reservation will be charged 14 days prior to arrival. Because we are a small, independent inn, cancellations significantly affect us. If the reservation is cancelled for any reason at any time, we charge a $35 cancellation fee. Please note: There are no refunds if the reservation is cancelled or changed within 14 days of the date of your arrival. Non refundable reservations apply to specific holidays and special events when a 3-night or greater minimum stay is required. A shortening of stay is also deemed as a cancellation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your La Belle Epoque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Belle Epoque Hotel Napa
- La Belle Epoque Napa, Napa Valley, CA