“It was great!”
Review of La Belle Epoque

La Belle Epoque
Ranked #13 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 10, 2007

We went to La Belle Epoque based on reviews from this site, as well as others. We were not disappointed. Derek and Roxann are fabulous and are very knowlegable on many wineries, restaurants and more in the area. I wanted to visit small wineries to do research for my business and Derek turned us on to what is now my favorite wine, Fleury. We had the best experience here with the owner and wine maker. This is not to be missed!

The breakfast in the morning at LBE was outstanding and the wine reception at night was great and very informative. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. We mentioned to Roxann that we needed to find a place to get bath salts so we could enjoy the two-person hot tub in our room, which we didn't get to. When we returned to our room that night and there were bath salts and a note from Derek and Roxann. Impressive!

If you want a personalized experience and knowlege of where to eat and drink while in the Napa Valley, I highly recommend La Belle Epoque. Thank you, Derek and Roxann!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 29, 2007

Roxann & Derek truly have a remarkable piece of Napa history. La Belle Eopque provided an unbelievable experience for our weekend getaway. The rooms were clean, beautifully furnished, and were restored to their original Victorian beauty. Everything from breakfast to the evening reception in the wine cellar was fantastic. We will definitely be making a return to La Belle Epoque!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2007

My husband and I celebrated our 49th anniversary in Napa this year and we could not have found a more delightful, comfortable, enjoyable, friendlier, charming, beautiful (and I could go on)
B & B than La Belle Epoque. The innkeepers made every effort, from the minute you walked in the door, to make our stay one that we will remember forever. Our room and all it's appointments were perfect, breakfast was outstanding, but the icing on the cake was the evenings "wine tasting" and "hors d'oeuvres", where all the guests would gather, talk about their lives and day and you left with a sense of joy in meeting them. We could not have picked a better Inn and I have told my friends the same. Thank you Derek and Roxnne

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed November 24, 2007

Wonderfully cozy, great breakfast and charming decor. A great place for a romantic couples get away. All our reservations from dinner to various wineries to a limo for wine tasting were all handled by our host. I highly recommend the stay.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2007

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at La Belle Epoque. The service was exceptional and room decór was delightful. We felt pampered with the personal touches, such as the his and hers bathrobes, Chandon champagne , chocolate truffles and the delicious breakfast that was brought to our room in a large basket!! This stay made our trip more special and relaxing! It's in a perfect location, close to downtown restaurants and shops.I look forward to returning next year.
M&E

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2007

My friends and I stayed at La Belle Epoque and had a wonderful experience. The Inn Keepers, Roxann and Derek, are just as lovely as the B&B. The rooms are comfortable and very homey. The evening wine reception was fun and a good way to start our first nights stay. The breakfast was served in a beautiful dining area and was delicious. La Belle Epoque is located within walking distance to downtown Napa and we were able to walk to our dinners each evening. Derek was very helpful on the phone and was able to not only make suggestions of places to eat, but he also helped make reservations for us. I would stay at La Belle Epoque next time I'm in Napa and I would also suggest it to my friends. Give it a try!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2007

La Belle Epoque B&B , Napa Valley, California "GREAT STAY" September 2007. We recently visited Napa Valley, CA and were delighted with our stay at La Belle Epoque Bed & Breakfast. Our hosts Derek and Roxann made my husband and I feel extremely welcome. We felt like we were staying with old friends. Everything was perfect from the beautifully decorated rooms,the delicious breakfast, the supurb wine tasting in their own wine cellar and the lovely outdoor sitting area complete with hammock and homemade appetizers. We even sat and enjoyed an informal outdoor pizza party with our hosts and other guests one evening. Also, if you want to stay right in Napa within walking distance to shops and restaurants this is this place for you. All in all we would highly recommend this B&B if you want to have a great stay in Napa.

Stayed: September 2007